Chapter 19

Tanvi's POV:

I wonder why he suddenly asked me why I like him. Of course, everything about him is perfect. He looks good, has an endearing nature, and his way of talking is certainly impressive. Though he does not as much over the phone, the few things he shares with me affects me quite a bit. Especially the new year eve. I can never forget that.

That day, his small confession about missing me made me realize that there is someone in this world who cares about me. Certainly, for him, it might be a simple greeting, but for me, it is something else. I suppose it is love. Earlier, I used to admire his outward features and personality, but after that day, I indeed found a friend of a lifetime in him. 

Of course, we were acquaintance even before that, but something felt special that night. It made me feel like he is the special person. So, I told him what I felt like, and I am sure even he was surprised as he fell silent for a moment. After that, he continued asking me how I knew him before. I wonder why that doubt crept into his mind after so many days.

Before I could answer him, I heard my doorbell ringing. Someone was impatiently smacking at it, but who the hell was so impatient to meet me? 

I started moving towards the door and checked the time on the clock. It was only quarter to five and  not the time for my parents to come home, So, I looked through the peephole and saw Sam standing there with a frown marring her face.

I immediately bade goodbye to Rohan and opened the door. As soon as I opened the door and called her, she literally jumped on me. I was startled by her sudden reaction. All my drowsiness vanished in an instant.

At first, I couldn't understand what happened to her. Until yesterday, she was not talking to me properly, and we were friends only for namesake. But now she was hugging so tight as though we had met after years of separation. 

"Sam..." I called her out so that she would leave me from her arms. Then I observed how thin she was in front of me. God! I have become fat, I thought. Stupid me! What was I even thinking at that point in time? 

I didn't even got the chance to close the door. I was still trying to comprehend the situation. But I remembered what happened in school before I returned home. I had spoken to her mother and was rather frustrated with her. Was she here because of that?

Then I heard her mumbling something, which I couldn't grasp. Actually, the position in which we were in was making things even more difficult. So, I attempted to pull away from her, and she let me go. Then I noticed her puffy eyes, Did she cry?

I held her face in my palms and asked her, "What happened? Why are you crying?"

She took a deep breath and said, "I am sorry."

Ok, now I guess she felt sad after not talking to me and ignoring me all these days. But why was she crying? It didn't seem like she just cried now. By seeing her face, anyone could tell that she has been crying for a long time.

"Ok. It's ok.... But why are you crying? Look at your face! How pale it has become! Have you eaten anything? Come inside first," I said and pulled her inside the house and closed the door. After a long time, she was here. I went in and bought a water bottle for her, and she finally sat on the couch and drank some water

I noticed her wearing a heavy designer long gown which seemed like she had gotten ready to go to the farewell party. Then why did she not come?

She sat down silently, not saying anything, not even looking at me. Time to break the silence.

"Why didn't you come to the party?" I asked her the 1st thing that had been disturbing me from morning.

She slowly raised her head and faced me and said, "I wanted to come, but since yesterday, Mom and I are fighting very terribly, and I lost my interest to come there."