Chapter 44

So basically three more chapters are left and then followed by epilogue. I thought of reaching half century, but can't extend more. 

Anyway don't miss the chance to vote to these last three chapters. It's not easy to write  the very same book again and again right? 

Happy Reading.

Writer's POV:

Flashback. Before Tanvi joined Andhra University

Sam was rushing to Tanvi's house. She just doesn't understand why Tanvi took a drastic step. She could achieve much more heights and do many things, but taking this meaningless step would not help her anyway, thought Sam and reached Tanvi's place.

As usual, she didn't knock on the door and directly barged in. Fortunately, it wasn't locked as her parents were sitting in the living room, sipping their tea in the evening. Sam observed their gloomy faces.

Sam went forward and greeted them and asked about Tanvi. They smiled at her and said Tanvi was in the room and said, "Once try to convince your friend, Samyuktha. We wonder what is going on in her mind lately. She is not her usual. Please speak to her."

Sam smiled weakly at their request and nodded. She went into Tanvi's room to find her gaping at her laptop so intently, and didn't even realize Sam's presence.

"Tanvi?" Sam called her to attain her attention. Tanvi was startled listening to the source of sudden sound but relaxed seeing Sam.

"Hi. When did you came?" asked Tanvi and resumed working on her laptop. She looked all disheveled her hair was tied into a bun, and her face seemed deprived of sleep.

"What are you doing?" Sam gritted her teeth, unable to get the carefree attitude of Tanvi. Everyone was shocked by her decision, and here she was, all calm and composed.

"Browsing through some required information regarding university entrance exam, topics and all," came the reply from Tanvi.

"Do you even understand what you are doing?" Sam asked, raising her voice.

Tanvi was bewildered at the start, which later morphed into annoyance. She sighed and nodded her head, conveying that she knew what she was doing.

"Ohh, really? Care to explain why you are leaving a seat at an IIT for some stupid university?"

Sam was fuming in because of this reason. Not only was she disappointed, but also their teachers, her parents, everyone was disappointed with her decision. She got an all India rank of 515 in JEE Advanced, and she could easily get a seat at the best institutes in the nation, yet she was let go of that.

"I don't want to go there, leaving all you. And this Andhra University is not bad either. It is very old and good in its own way. So, I am very excited going there," said Tanvi with a poker face, covering her real emotions. She stood up from her place and walked past Sam to fetch the water bottle.

"You are going there to meet him, right?" Sam asked calmly. She just wanted Tanvi to forget everything in the past and be happy  with the present and future prospects, knowing well that Tanvi would never forget anything, neither will forgive herself.

"You know, and yet you are asking me. Why wasting time, Sam?" replied Tanvi as she gulped some water which cleared the lump formed in her throat.

"Tan, you are wasting your time and slipping away such a golden chance. Don't do this," requested Sam facing Tanvi, to which she didn't reply. Sam sighed.