Chapter 8

Rohan Sarthak's POV:

Why did I do that?

Why did I embarrass myself and made a joke about myself in front of so many people?

Man! This girl would drive me crazy before I leave this place. I reached my home quickly and directly went to take a shower. I needed to cool myself. So, I stayed there for thirty minutes. Then, I got dressed and settled down to watch TV to divert myself.

But I kept switching the channels. I didn't have the appetite to eat anything, and as usual, I was alone. I considered sharing all the drama with my friend, Ajay but did not since he must still be at school because he doesn't have half-days like me. I would tell him all of this in the evening.

I went ahead to grab my phone. As soon as I unlocked my phone, I saw a message from an unknown number, but I already knew who it was. 

It stated 'Hello'.

I became furious after seeing that message. Because of her, I became a joker today, and she had the audacity to message me again. Shameless girl!

Suddenly, something struck my mind. I am a member in my class WhatsApp group. Of course, I was never an active participant, but I am still a part of it so that I can get any updates about school, syllabus among other things. 

So, basically, I hope to find her number in that group to ensure if she belonged to my class or not.

'You imbecile! Where did this thought go when you shouted her name in class at top of your voice?' mocked my inner self.

I ignored it and searched for her number in group, but to my dismay, I didn't find her number. That could mean two things. Either she is from my class and is chatting with me using her other number, or she is not from my class in the first place.

I pick the later as my correct guess. 

I sighed and went to eat my lunch. I tried calling my Dad to check whether he had his lunch or not, but he didn't answer my call. Mostly, he always answers my calls, but he must be too busy to ignore me.

I got another notification while I was eating. I picked my phone, and it displayed message from the same shameless girl, but the content in the message creeped me out.

'You seemed very sad and dejected while leaving school. Is everything ok?'

I choked on my food as I read it. Like seriously? Since when when had she been stalking me and knew what I was doing at what time? Man! Why did I get into this shit? I needed to end it now, or it will turn into a hurricane.

I called her immediately and was prepared to vent my anger at her. I wouldn't care about anything today. She must think of me as a arrogant idiot and must never call or text me.

I was preparing myself, and after three rings, she picked up the phone. But before I could say anything, she started her blabbering.

"Hello, Rohan. What are you doing? Had your lunch?"

All my preparation went out of window as soon as I heard her cheerful voice. She asked me whether I had my lunch or not as though she is caring for me. Bullshit! I would not fall for these tricks.

"Why are you torturing me?" I shouted at her. I have to agree that I have weird emotions. When I am happy, I will be the happiest person alive, and when I am mad, I will be damn silent, like a volcano waiting to erupt.

"What happened?" she asked me. Her tone sounded confused, and she was worried too.

"How long have you been stalking me, huh?" I asked. The authority in my tone should have intimidated her.

She remained numb for a moment. "I just happened to see you, and I asked you if something was wrong. That's it."

"You wanna know what happened? Then listen to me. Because of you, I made myself appear like a mad person in front of my classmates, and I am mortified," I shouted on her.

"What have you done?" she asked me with a low voice, more like a whisper. I guess I had scared her.

"I have shouted your name, Vishnuvardhan, loudly in my class, hoping you would come out, but no! You are not even a student of my class," I said it very rashly. We both were silent for a moment, and then her response made me speechless.

She began laughing very loudly and cheerfully as though I cracked a joke. Well, I must admit, the act I pulled today was indeed funny, but she should not be laughing.

"You are laughing?" I asked, irked.

"Well," she snorted, "I am sorry," another giggle," I can image the whole scenario in my head," she laughed once more and ended up guffawing. 

I didn't know why this time I couldn't feel any resentment towards her. In fact, I smiled listening to her laugh so freely. She is laughing heartfully, so did I smiled at myself. I kept listening to her and all my rage subsided.

"Are you done?" I asked her calmly.

"I am sorry, but it's too funny," she said, panting heavily. We remained silent again.

"Are you cool now? Did your anger go down?" she asked.

I suddenly felt guilty for shouting at her. That's what my life is. I always do things before thinking and then regret over them. I just said 'hmm' to her.

"Why did you pull out such a crazy stunt to find me? Are you that curious to know me?" she asked huskily. I was sure she must be smiling when talking to me.

"Yeah to complain to principal," I said sarcastically to check her response.

"You won't do that," she said.

"What makes you think so?" I thought she would get scared or something but she was quite confident that I wouldn't complain.

"Well, if you really intend to do so, you would have already complained about me instead of shouting my name out loud in your class," she laughed once again.

I felt like she was mocking me and I didn't like it. I had to know something about her so that I could reach her. Well, let me distract her.

"Actually, I have a doubt regarding whether you are a boy or girl. It's better to get some lucidity, right?" I said, expecting her to open up more.

"What made you think like that?" 

"Well, your name, Vishnuvardhan," I stressed her name.

"Excuse me? I am a girl." Defiance was set in her tone.

"Where's the proof?" I confronted her.

"Well, my voice for now," she said, hoping I would believe her.

"Nah! What if you are using some app?" She was about to say something when I cut her off. "Okay, let me ask you some girly questions, and then based on your answers, I'll judge whether you are a girl or not."

To my luck, she agreed instantly, and then all I had to do was somehow get some information about her.

I started asking her favorite colors, cartoons, and books, and I started recording her voice to have a proof so that when I would find her, she wouldn't be able to deny that it was indeed her who had called me. In due process, I got to know more about her.

Finally, she was answering all my questions in a flow and when I asked her, "What is your name?"

"Tan...." she was saying something, and I hoped I would get the clue that I had been waiting for.

So how is the chapter guys.

Hope I am making it interesting for you and not making you feel bored.

If you like the chapter please VOTE and if you want to share your feedback please COMMENT.

Thankyou.