• Chapter 22 •

Finally I spotted him, wandering around like a headless chicken nonetheless. "James! There you are."

"Oh (Y/n), I couldn't find you so I just sort walked around." He smiled awkwardly. God that smile. I couldn't help but let a giant grin spread across my face when I saw it. "What has you so happy?" He said looking suspiciously at my huge smile.

"Just you." I laughed brushing him off playfully as I started walking towards the edge of the ship to look out at the view.

"Come on, what is it?" He rushed after me and stood in front of me.

"It's nothing." I smiled even more. He looked at me cocking an eyebrow, as if to say there obviously is something. "You're really going to make me say it." I sighed.

"I don't know what your talking about" He shrugged dramatically. Yes. Shrugged dramatically. It's James, what do you expect. He smiled innocently.

"Ugh you're so annoying Jim." I rolled my eyes but it was fine, he knows it's only banter. 

"Woah, i've been downgraded to Jim again. Damn (Y/n) that hurts" He said clutching his shirt just above where his heart is.

I made sure to drag out every word just to annoy him."Alright then, I love you James."

"And I love you (Y/n)" He said pulling me into a huge bear hug.

"You know (Y/n), you're still so short. Do you just like not grow."  He said patting my head.

I swatted his hand away, and retorted with, "Actually. I have grown an inch since you last said it".

"Yeah and when was that, hm like last year." He joked still holding onto me and slightly rocking and we were talking.

"Oh whatever. It's not my fault you get taller every five seconds." I retorted.

     。。。

~ Amelia's P.O.V. ~
I was pacing around in the small office and I couldn't stop. This Royal navy ship is fast but not fast enough, whatsoever.

The worry of everything has started to weigh down on me. Delbert thinks i'm absolutely off my chump but what else does he expect. My little niece and that troublemaker are lost, not to mention the Centurion gone.

At the beginning, we had thought that (Y/n) and Jim had taken the ship. Looking back, it was an absolutely foolish idea, they would never. Word travels extremely fast in this galaxy. That wretched machine of a man, Ironbeard has our ship.

Oh and thinking about my little younglings i've had to leave at home. Those three better not be causing havoc and they better be safe. As I was deep in my thoughts, Delbert walked into my office. I hadn't noticed until then but I was mumbling to myself.

"Honey, what are you doing? You need to stop running about and sit down for a moment." He put his hands on my shoulders gently.

"Oh you're right darling." I walked over slumped down into my chair. "I do apologise, I know you think i'm mad." I sighed whilst placing a hand on my forehead shielding my eyes from a stream of light that had entered the window.

"Of course I don't think you're-"

A thought crossed my mind, what of the search party? "Has there been any luck in finding (Y/n) or Jim?" I quickly cut him off. When we found out they were missing, we immediately sent off a search party as well as leaving with this fleet of Royal navy ships to find the Centurion.

"Uh- well um, sort of but not really. Someone thought they might have seen two people like them on a little old ship near criostail gorm. They couldn't be sure if it was them." He said reluctantly, because he obviously didn't think much of the news.

But something had clicked in my brain. "Criostail gorm, criostail gorm.....why do I recognise that? Remind me darling, what exactly is criostail gorm?" I prompted.

"Well you see some would call it a cluster of planets, others might say different-"

"Sorry to interupt again but yes, and gorm is translated to blue in the native tongue of Ireland. Of course! Croistail Gorm! That little blue cluster of plants" I jumped out of my seat and exclaimed, this little bit of hope was well overdue.

"Wow honey! I didn't know you spoke Gaelic? But erm, why is this information so important?" He asked, looking completely baffled.

"First off, it's called Gaeilge, not Gaeilic. And there's still many things you don't know about me." I winked and smiled.

"You are still a mystery to me sometimes." He mused.

"I know of a route by that way. An old friend of mine, he was a right zwodder. He used to use old smugglers routes , come to think of it he was a swadder too but no matter. I know where that route leads. I had forgotten about it for years. It leads right to Botany Bay!" I said, enthusiastically.

"And this all means what?" Delbert questioned.

"Well, you see. If Ironbeard is setting for Botany bay. And (Y/n) Jim are gone, it must mean they are looking for him. Which is why, it would make perfect sense for that to be where they are heading." I explained as best I could.

Bertie sighed, "You're forgetting honey, there is still the possibility that the kids are being held hostage by that villain. And the likelihood of what you're saying being true is very slim." He apposed.

"I understand you're trying to play devils advocate darling but I have a feeling about this." I pressed.

"Well..." He droned. "If you're really sure about this then so see no reason as to not, at least, try."

"Thank you." I pecked him on the lips. "I do love you, you know." Never fails to make him flustered, even as we're married with kids.

"Why, I- I love you too." He smiled.

I decided on leaving half the fleet on course and taking the other half to find the children.

。。。

"Right men!" I shouted to the crew. "Let's get a move on!"

"It's nice to see you back to your old self cap'n" One of the mates smiled.

"It's nice to be back." I stood with my hands on my hips, Delbert by my side as we sailed towards that smugglers route. Just like old times.