• Chapter 2 •

Oh no...Why does she want both of us, she knows i'm not talking to him?!"

"Jim, (Y/n) You are dismissed." Mr. Tellin said.

I picked up my bag and my books and walked towards the door quickly. I was ahead of Jim, which I purposefully did, but then he caught up to me. I was holding my books close to my chest.

"Do you know what this is about?" He asked, looking over at me.

I shook my head, "Nope".

After going back down to the bottom floor, I stopped at my locker to put away my books because Astronomy was our last class. Jim stopped and put his away too. We continued walking and arrived outside Amelias door.

We both put our hands up to knock at the same time so I pulled my hand away, As if it wasn't awkward enough already.

"Come on in" Amelia shouted.

Jim opened the door and we both walked inside. Amelia was sitting at her desk writing something down, she finished off what she was writing and looked up at the two of us.

"How are you doing today?" Amelia said and she stood up and walked to the front of her desk.

"Fine." Jim and I said at the same time.

Amelia was looking back and forth between Jim and I. She looked like she was thinking about something.

"What is it Amelia?" I asked, slowly growing more impatient.

"Hm I have a job for you two. Shouldn't take too long, in and out, job done." She replied.

Jim and I both sighed.

"Couldn't you get someone besides me to do it?" I said as I glanced at Jim.

She gave me a look that said 'just do this (Y/n) please'. 

"Ugh fine, what do you want us to do?" I asked, just wanting to get it over with.

"One moment dear." She turned to Jim. "Are you alright with doing a quick little job with (Y/n)?" She asked him.

"I guess." He shrugged, not showing much emotion.

"Very well then. I need the two of you to go down to The Centurion, and make sure the sails are all closed and secure." She ordered us. It felt like we were back on the Legacy, Amelia giving us orders about sails.

The Centurion was a ship designed by none other that Dr. Doppler. It was the fastest ship in the entire galaxy, it was pretty impressive The Captain of the ship, was B.E.N., who would've thought he'd be any good at it? I mean I suppose he did travel with Captain Flint.

"Alright." I replied simply. Jim nodded and we both turned to go out the door.

Just before we left the office Amelia shouted, "Oh and one more thing. You have to chat with each other. Captains orders." She winked.

"Amelia no-" I said.

"Yes, now hop to it." She cut me off.

Jim and I left the office and headed for the large dock at the back of the academy that The Centurion was being kept in. We were walking through the quiet empty hallway and towards the back door.

"So, uh how are you?" Jim asked, it was awkward. 

"I'm fine. And you?" I replied, just small talk. My Aunt pretty much ordered me to talk to him and she'd know if I hadn't.

"You know, been better." He replied, rubbing the back of his neck.

"doesn't seem like it..." I mumbled under my breath. I'm pretty sure Jim heard what I said because I heard him scoff quietly.

The rest of the walk to The Centurion was silent. It was awkward but, life's been pretty awkward lately so nothing I wasn't used to. We finally arrived and entered the hangar.

We made our way up onto the huge ship, and B.E.N. was at the control panel. Morph was flying around flicking random switches, clearly to just mess with the poor robot. I heard Jim laugh at the little scene in front of us.

"Hey B.E.N.! Watcha working on?" I asked walking over towards him.

He turned around, "(Y/n), my good friend!" He looked behind me at Jim."Oh and...Jimmy?".

"Yeah" Jim replied.

"Nice to see you both again, I was just making sure all the switches and buttons were functioning but Morph here keeps messing with me." B.E.N. said.

"Come on Morph, stop messing with poor old B.E.N." I said.

Morph flew over to me and I put my hand out for him to sit on. He sat down and snuggled into me. The sight of the little shape-shifter, put a very light smile on my face. I knew Morph loved Jim, and I loved Morph so I asked,

"Wanna say hey to Mr. Hot-shot over there?" I looked over my shoulder at Jim then back at Morph.

"Mr. Hot-shot. Mr. Hot-shot. Mr. Hot-shot." Morph kept repeating, making me chuckle slightly.

The little creature floated over to Jim and snuggled up to his face. "Hey there little guy. It's been a while." Jim said, even though we had only seen him like four days ago.

"We're just here to make sure all the sails are secured." Jim said to B.E.N.

"That is all cool, Jimmy." B.E.N. replied.

Jim and I began walking around and checking all the sails. I noticed Jim was checking all of the ones I had already checked.

"What are you doing?" I asked facing him.

"Checking that the sails are secure." Jim replied as if I was completely stupid.

"Jim I know what you're doing. You're checking all the ones i've already checked. It's cause you think you're so much better than me." I replied, getting a little irritated.

"What no, what are you talking about?!" He got all defensive.

"Oh come on Jim, you know what i'm talking about. I can do things just as well as you can." I scoffed.

He just rolled his eyes and continued tying one of the ropes tighter. Aunt Amelia wouldn't be able to give out to me now, I did talk to Jim. Sure they weren't exactly amazing conversations but still, I did talk to him.