• Chapter 16 •

We walked up to meet Silver on the quarter deck of the small ship. I stopped just before we made it over to him and turned to Jim.

"Wait Jim, we're you able to get Ironbeard's location?" I questioned.

"Oh yeah, I forgot to say. With the course they're on it seems like next they'll be headed towards Lathporos." Jim responded.

"Wait isn't that the weird huge floating city thing?" I asked.

"Yeah i'm pretty sure it is." Jim replied.

We walked up to Silver who was talking to one of the crew members. He turned to face us when he heard us walking.

"Jimbo. The location?" He asked.

"They're headed for Lathporos." Jim answered.

Silver repeated what Jim had said to the crew member he was talking to.

"Ok but can I just ask, how are we going to get there before the fastest ship in the galaxy?" I piped up, putting emphasis on the 'we'.

"Oh don't you worry about that (N/n). I've a nice old shortcut that'll surely get us there before...Ironbeard." Silver said, whispering Ironbeard's name.

"Why'd you say his name so quietly?" Jim asked.

"This here crew doesn't know exactly who we're going after and I have a feeling that if they did, they'd be off this ship quicker than a runaway train." Silver whispered to us.

"Yeah makes sense." I responded. "Alright so Silver, What are you going to have Jim and I doing?" I asked.

"To be quite frank, I miscalculated the number of crew members I need. I didn't account for you two, so I don't really need you to be doing anything specific. Ye can help the crew out every now and then, so what I need you to do really is just stay out of trouble." Silver explained to us.

"Really?" Jim asked, looking sort of excited.

"Yup." He replied simply.

"I guess we're kind of like your first mates then huh?" I said, smiling.

"Yes, I suppose that is the case then. In that case, off with ye. We're about to launch, make sure everything's ship shape." Silver ordered.

"Yes Captain." Both Jim and I said at the same time causing us to laugh.

We turned around to walk back to the main deck and make sure everything was going alright.

"You seemed kind of excited about us not really having any job to do." I laughed at Jim.

"What about it?" Jim asked defensively.

"I just don't understand why." I shrugged.

"It's dumb" he laughed awkwardly.

"Oh come on. You're not gonna tell me? Really?" I said, hoping that he'd tell me why. It wasn't important, but i'm just nosey.

"Well...I mean i'm just excited because it means I get to spend more time with you." He stopped at the bottom of the stairs an took my my hand, causing me to stop as well.

I turned to face him, and my eyes met a smirking Jim. "Well that's very nice of you to say...James." I smiled slyly.

"Don't call me James." He said, his face etching closer to mine.

"Okay, James." I said, closing my eyes as we leaned in for our first kiss in quite a while...

but for some reason people just love to interrupt us. "Hey guys!" Tom said cheerfully. Jim and I quickly pulled away from each other and looked over at Tom "Oh no. I'm so sorry, am I interrupting something?"

"Yes. You were." Jim said coldly but I nudged him with my elbow because we had agreed to give Tom a chance. "But it's ok." Jim continued hesitantly.

"I was just coming to see if launch was soon. I'm excited." Tom stated.

"Yeah it is. Sorry now Tom, but if you'd excuse us? We just need to make sure everything is going well." I told the blonde.

"Of course." He smiled.

"What was with the fancy talk?" Jim asked as we walked away from Tom.

"Fancy talk?" I looked at Jim, confused.

"If you'd excuse us?" Jim said in a mockingly posh voice.

"Jim I can speak however I like." I laughed at his, very obviously jealous attitude.

"What's so funny?" He asked.

"You Jim. You're funny." I smiled, shaking my head.

We both went around making sure all the sails were up and everything was secure and ready.

"Everything ship shape?!" Silver called down to us.

"Yes, Captain!" I shouted back.

"Alright, let's get old Grace going." Silver shouted to the crew.

"Grace?" Jim looked at me confused.

"I don't know, must be the name of the ship or something." I shrugged.

We set off and as we were about to exit the atmosphere, Silver told one of the crew members to engage the artificial gravity. We began to float a little, just like back on the R.L.S. Legacy the first time we set off. I was expecting to fall rapidly back into the ship but we just kept floating slowly higher and higher.

"What's going on Sticks?" Silver shouted at the man who was told to turn on the gravity.

"It's not working Captain." The man frantically shouted back.

Everyone began to hold onto things to keep themselves from floating away, I was desperately trying to grasp something but I wasn't able to. That was when I felt someone grab onto my leg and pull me back down.

Expecting Jim, I got a surprise when I was faced with Tom. "Here just hold onto my arm." Tom said calmly.

I clutched onto his arm and held on for dear life, I was not about to float away and die in space. Even in a moment like this, I could feel Jim death-staring at Tom. I looked up to find I was right, he was glaring at us.

"You idiot, you were pressing the wrong button!" I heard Silver scream before we all dropped back on to the deck extremely abruptly.

I landed on top of Tom, "Oh Sorry, you alright?" I asked quickly.

"Yeah i'm alright." He smiled.

I ran over to Jim as quick as I could, "Jim are you ok?" I asked, worried.

"I'm fine, Are you?" He said looking me up and down.

"Mhm, thanks to Tom." I said looking over my shoulder at him.

"Yeah I saw that." Jim huffed.

"Oh come on Jim! You can't be annoyed at him for saving my life." I said, getting a little irritated by Jim's selfish jealousy.

(A/n) I keep just like disappearing for a while oops sorry lol. Also I wrote this while i was quite tired so apologies if there's too many mistakes.