• Chapter 20 •

Tom was standing mopping the same spot he had been since yesterday. I stormed over dragging Jim- I mean James along with me. We had a lovely moment together until I remembered how much Tom was pushing him. It had made me furious, James was very clearly bothered.

I was about to blow up at the golden haired boy but James tugged my shirt to stop me for a moment. "Hey, I hate the kid and all but don't blow up at him."

"I wasn't going to." I snapped.

"Maybe, at least, take a deep breath first?" He asked very cautiously.

I took an extremely quick breath but, I did it extremely dramatically so as to mimic a deep breath. "As per requested." I said, still not in any shape or form calm. I turned around quickly to see Tom staring at us with a very confused look.

"(Y/n)." James said sternly. "Can you please calm down? I'm the one who should be mad at him." He asked turning me around and putting his hands in my shoulders.

"Ok you're right. I'm sorry. That was so weird right then, it's like we switched roles." I laughed slightly.

I took a real deep breath and turned around to a still extremely perplexed looking Tom. "Tom." I said plainly.

"Uh yes?" He looked a little nervous at my oddly placid tone, compared to how I looked storming over to him.

"Can I speak to you?" I asked, keeping very direct eye contact.

"Um okay." He asked, very clearly unsure of this new territory.

"I can go now right?" James asked, not wanting to get too involved.

"No." I told him. "Alright Tom, put down the mop for a minute." He did as I asked. "Do you have anything to say for yourself?" I put my hand on my hip.

He looked as if he was shaking in his boots, "W-What are you talking about?".

"Oh come on. You had the audacity to keep pushing Jim when you had to have realised that he was irritated and bothered by what you were saying." I practically spat. I had also called him Jim. It's just habit, i'll get used to calling him James.

"Sorry." He said with such attitude that I wanted to burst, but James had very subtly, not so much taken my hand, but linked his pinky with mine. It was a small gesture but it brought me a sense of blithe and immediately calmed me down.

"That's not fair Tom." I said frowning. "You really should properly apologise."

"(Y/n) just leave it, it's fine." James said nonchalantly.

Since when did he completely change his attitude towards Tom?! Oh wait, I asked him to do that. Nevertheless, "Tom. Seriously." I said sternly.

"Okay, okay." He turned towards James, not making eye contact with him. "Listen man, i'm sorry. Alright?".

Jim seemed to contemplate something for a moment but then quickly came to some sort of conclusion. "It's fine. Just forget it."

Tom looked at me for some sort of approval. I just nodded in response.

~ Jim's P.O.V. ~
I know for a fact that his apology wasn't genuine. It was obvious, well to me at least. (Y/n) hadn't realised what I had about his apology, clear from the satisfied look she had. It was a little weird because she's usually quite good at reading people.

I didn't want to say anything though because I didn't want (Y/n) to blame it on my jealousy or anything. I would just have to keep an eye on him by myself.

I noticed the little proud gleam coming from (Y/n)'s face which only further concreted the fact that I wouldn't tell her what I noticed about Tom's seemingly disingenuous apology.