• Chapter 12 •

"Either of your want a drink?" Silver asked us.

"Yes please." We both said in unison.

"What can I get you?" He said walking towards the door. "Some rum? brandy?".

"Uh yeah" Jim said immediately.

"You idiot." I punched his shoulder. "Neither of us are old enough for alcohol. We'll just have some water Silver, thanks."

"No fair." Jim crosses his arms, pouting like a child.

"Suit yourselves." He hummed, and went out to the bar to grab us the drinks.

We all sat down around a small wooden table in the middle of the room. Silver sat across from Jim and I.

"So what are you really doing here huh?" Jim asked Silver.

"What are you talking about?" Silver said, very obviously trying to hide something.

"Silver we all know that you'd never settle for a bar and restaurant." I laughed, taking a sip of my water.

"You got me there." He smiled. "You see, some other fine gentleman like myself have a little business other than this. Nothing two interstellar academy attendees would need to know about." He grinned mischievously. "So what sort of help are you two rascals looking for then?" Silver asked.

"So basically, a ship that belongs to the academy was stolen while sort of under our care and we need to get it back. It was stolen by pirates, so we thought that seeing as you are a pirate that you could help us." I asked hopefully.

"Oh I see. Well I wouldn't even consider myself a pirate anymore to be fair." He said shaking his head. "I'm sorry lass but I don't think i'd be much help. I'm getting old now." He said sighing.

"Come on Silver, you've got to help us out here." Jim insisted.

"Jimbo, believe me. I would love to help you two but these old parts of mine are rusting." he said gesturing you his cyborg leg.

"But we could just get some oil and you'd be fine." Jim whined.

I nudged him, "For someone really smart, you can be so dumb sometimes. Use your brain Jim, that's why you have it. He obviously just doesn't want to go."

"Oh." Jim replied, looking extremely disappointed.

"Ah i'm sorry kids, i've just got a good thing going on for me here." Silver replied pointing at the door that led to the main part of the bar and restaurant. "Now are you finished with those?" He looked at our empty glasses.

"Yup." I replied.

"Alright so, i'll just take em away." He said grabbing the glasses and walking towards the door.

"Well isn't that just wonderful, our only chance of getting back the fastest ship in the galaxy is walking out the door." I turned to Jim.

"Now, what was that?" Silver looked at us over his shoulder.

"What was what?" Jim asked.

"What did you say (N/n)?" He questioned.

"uh that our only chance of getting back the fastest ship in the galaxy is walking out the door." I repeated myself in confusion.

"Sure, you didn't say anything about that before." He perked up.

Jim and I just both looked at him with confused looks on our faces.

"I may be able to have a chat with a few of my colleagues about going on this little adventure of yours." Silver grinned.

"Why the sudden change of heart?" Jim asked, eyeing Silver.

"Oh come on Jimbo, can't I help an old friend?" Silver replied.

"What happened to your old rusting parts?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"Now kiddos, what's with all the questions. You want my help. Do you not?" He said walking back over to us.

"Well yeah but-" I tried to ask another question.

"You're acting like you can't trust me. I thought we had gotten past all those shenanigans but alas if you really can't trust me, you should probably be on your way." He shrugged.

"Can you just let us talk alone for a minute Silver, please?" Jim requested.

"Sure thing, i'll be out cleaning your glasses." He said walking towards then out the door. 

"Ok so." I turned to Jim.

"So, on one hand we do really need his help but on the other he was acting a little weird." Jim spoke.

"Mhm, it was weird how quickly he changed his tune about the whole thing." I sighed.

"That's true but we don't have another choice but than to trust him, unless..." Jim said stroking his chin thinking.

"Unless what?" I asked, eager to know what his idea was.

"We could just make our way back to the Academy and back to your Aunt. She might know what to do?" He explained.

"Jim are you crazy?- yes, that's the answer. Yes you are. We can't go back to the Academy without the Centurion. We'd both lose our places in the Academy, you and I were on the ship when it was taken. We should've done something." I went off.

"Oh yes...I guess. Well, then I guess we're going with Silver then." Jim said.

"Ok, maybe we were just overreacting about him changing his mind." I proposed.

"Probably." 

Silver burst through the door, excited. "I already have a crew for us, I'll tell em to get the ready now." He said.

"Silver! We're you eavesdropping?" I questioned him.

"Oh (N/n), it wasn't intentional, I swear." He smiled with his hands behind his back.

"Alright then, let's do this." Jim said standing up.

"Jimbo, it's getting late now. We'll all need a proper nights sleep. I've a spare room upstairs, i'm sure you two won't mind sharing." Silver winked at us, making me laugh.

"That's a good idea actually." I nodded.

"Forgot to mention, loving the new looks. Hope you both know how to use those swords." He punched Jim playfully.

"Uh.." I said, Jim rubbed the back of his neck and we both laughed awkwardly. "They were more of an accessory to be honest." I continued.

"Oh well that won't do, i'll have to teach the two of you a few things." Silver nudged me.

"Yeah that'd be nice." I smiled.

"Well you'd best be off to sleep. I'll be up in a while. Just up those stairs and it's the door on the left. There's should be a few quilts and pillows and things in there." Silver said.

We all both said goodnight to Silver and made our way upstairs.