• Chapter 26 •

"Grace O'Malley was her name. You might even know her. Gráinne Mhaol is what they used call her." He began.

"The pirate queen? what about her?" I questioned.

"Ah yes the pirate queen, and the love of my life. She was the most beautiful and amazing woman I have ever known. I was always by her side, no matter what.

One day an opportunity came along, we had- well different opinions on the matter. There was a chance for treasure, great treasure. Treasure Planet. It became my one goal, to get to treasure planet.

Gracie didn't want anything to do with the place, said it was just unwise to even try. It was rare that she turned down and adventure, I should've listened. She was right of course but I was too stupid to see it.

"That was the thing that ended up pulling us apart...My stupidity."

"Silver this is a great story and all but is there a point to it?" I asked impatiently.

"Well of course there is, I don't want you and (Y/n) being torn apart because of your stupidity" He sighed. "And mine to be fair. You should've just listened to her side of the story. Now in all fairness I should've told you earlier, anyways this is was actually happened with Tom.." Silver explained everything.

I zoned out completely and I just had to think for a moment, after all Silver isn't the most trustworthy person. But I couldn't help but wonder why he would be telling me all this. He withheld this from me long enough to watch the situation between me and (Y/n) unravel. So why? Why now?

"Hello. Anyone in there?" I was snapped out of my thoughts by Silver waving his hands in front of me.

"Yeah, yeah." I mumbled. "It's just-"

"A lot to take in, I know." Silver finished my sentence quickly before I got the chance.

"No." I quickly added. "It's just, I don't know why in the world you're telling me this now. If you didn't tell me earlier then why? What's to say that you're not just lying again?" I explained.

"Jimbo, I know i'm not the best person. Certainly not the person my Grace would've wanted me to be but please if it's the only thing you ever believe outta my yapping mouth, (Y/n) loved you to bits. You need to go see her." He pleaded with me.

I don't know if I actually believed him or I just really wanted to believe him. Either way in that moment all I wanted to do was to see (Y/n). I got up and ran out the door.

"Ah, Jim my boy." Silver called after me. I stopped and turned around. "There's still the matter of where she is." He added.

I had been completely blinded by my need to see and talk to (Y/n) that I didn't even realise where she was. What if she had been taken by someone? What if she had been taken by Ironbeard? I obviously was not keeping my frantic thoughts masked very well because Silver had walked over and put his hand on my shoulder.

He could clearly tell what was going on in my mind from my expression because, "Jim you'll find her. Don't worry." was what he said next.

"Come on now, to my office for a minute. We'll figure it out." He reassured me.

I sat down in front of him again, "I still don't get why you're trying to help." I said, very antsy, for good reason.

"I just don't want you to end up like me, that's all." He replied quickly. "Now, let's take a look at this" he pulled out a map.

It wasn't an ordinary paper map, he tapped it three times and the planets popped out of the page, very small but easy to see and distinguish between the planets nonetheless.

"Alright Jimbo, instead of running around silly looking everywhere for young (N/n) let's go back to where we were when she left." He said tracing his finger through the air to the point he was talking about. We hadn't actually moved that far away from it but we were far enough. "If this is where she ran off then I would assume that it'll most likely be...the only surrounding planet. It might be hard to find her but you will."

"And she's not there?!" I protested, I was very worried.

"Jim, I can't guarantee that she will be there. It a very small planet so the least you can do is try. If she's not, which I doubt because there's not much else place for her to go. You either come back to me, or promise me you'll be safe." He spoke more soft than usual.

"Silver, I wouldn't come back here without her, you know that. I will be safe though, I promise." I really meant what I said, I would search the whole universe to find her, no matter how much she hurt me and whether it was intentional or not.

。 。 。

I was sat in the small longboat, the last on the old ship. I was scared to confront and see (Y/n) when I found her and the possibility of not finding her so easily but I knew I just had to power through.

"Here Jimbo, take this." Silver said handed me a item covered in cloth. "But be careful."

I unwrapped the piece of material, and in complete shock I realised the item I was holding was a gun. "A gun Silver, really?!". I said putting it down. "Where did you even get this?" I continued.

"Hey! Be thankful you little scallywag. It's a Laser Flintlock. It's just for protection, you're  old enough now." He began.

"I'm definitely not old enough." I cut in.

"Ah you know how to use one, you didn't seem too bothered by it back on treasure planet. Lastly, it doesn't matter where I got it." He grinned.

I let out a small sigh, "Thank you, Silver. Can I just ask, You're not gonna continue with the whole taking the centurion right?." I knew the answer before I had even asked the question but I just had to try. I thought there might be a chance.

Silver bent down next to me, so he was more at my level, "Jim, I...I'm not going to cease. I wish that it didn't have to involve you and (Y/n) but what can I say? I'll always be a pirate at heart." He chuckled.

"Silver you know I can't let you do that." I warned. There wasn't much weight to my words, I don't really think I could stop him myself if I tried but I couldn't exactly just agree with him. It wouldn't have felt right.

"Oh Jimbo, I'm the one letting you go here. I could just as easily keep you from going, you'd best be on your way kiddo." He nudged my shoulder playfully.

I knew that there was no point in pushing my luck, so I started up the small engine and was off to find (Y/n).