• Chapter 17 •

"Gods Silver! What happened there?!" I shouted over to him.

"This ship just ain't it!" Jim added. I burst out laughing at his comment. He look worried at my laughter and turned to me quickly to whisper, "Did I use that phrase right?"

"Yes. I've taught you well." I said, putting on an overly-dramatic look of pride on my face.

I had been teaching Jim a few different things that I say a lot. Jim looked quite pleased with himself.

"Oh come on. She's doing her best besides it was sticks here, pressed the wrong button." Silver replied whilst patting the ship and pointing back to sticks. "We're off to a rocky start, but we'll be there in around four days." Silver told us.

"Four days?! That's too long." Jim replied as Silver walked over towards us.

"Way too long!" I added.

"Listen now kids, judging by the way they're going, they'll be there in about five or six days." Silver said putting emphasis the 'they're' and 'they'll' so as to not say Ironbeard in front of the crew.

"Ohhhh." I said, approving of what he said.

"Where did you even find this shortcut?" Jim questioned.

Silver simply winked at him and walked away to continue his duties. I turned to face Jim.

"I guess we have a few days to hang out then don't we?" I beamed at him.

"Ha yeah, it'll be fun." He smiled putting his hands in his pockets.

Just then, a certain blonde haired boy caught my eye. He was walking behind Jim. "Sorry Jim. Excuse me for a second." I said walking past him and speeding up to catch Tom. "Hey Tom!" I shouted to catch his attention. He turned around, stopped, spotted me and smiled.

"Oh, Hi (Y/n)!" He said cheerily, taking a break from sweeping the floor to look up at me.

"Hi, um so I just wanted to come over and say thank you for, well you know, saving my life there." I laughed awkwardly.

"Oh it's no problem at all. I just did what anyone would do." Tom smiled brightly at me. He had really changed a lot since i first met him back on The Centurion. He was much nicer now.

"You're just being modest." I joked.

"Well I guess I was pretty amazing." He joked along with me, making us both laugh.

~ Jim's P.O.V. ~

I was talking to (Y/n) about how we're going to have fun spending time together for a few days when she quickly excused herself and rushed past me. Just before I turned to see where she was going I heard her yell.

"Hey Tom!" She yelled.

That's when I felt my blood boil, just his name was enough to make me angry. I turned around and he was smiling cheekily at her. It was when they started laughing at smiling together that I just felt my heart drop.

"Now I know how (Y/n) felt when I was hanging around with Kate." I mumbled to myself.

I was so jealous, I couldn't stand to see them being so chummy with each other. I knew I shouldn't go over and intervene again, it would just make (Y/n) really upset with me. I decided to just walk away and find something to do, I didn't want to let myself get all angry again.

~ (Y/n)'s P.O.V. ~

"I'll talk to you to later. I should probably go back over to Jim- Hey! Where'd Jim go?" I said to Tom turning to see if I could tell where he went. "That's weird...he just left." I said sounding kind of defeated.

"He's probably just got something to do. We could hang out for a while. I could do with some company while i'm cleaning." Tom suggested.

"I would, really, but it's just odd of him to walk off like that. I should go check on him. Sorry Tom." I said apologetically.

"Don't worry about it. Talk to you later." He said waving to me as I walked away.

I searched about for a bit but eventually found him at the bow of the ship, just sitting by himself. The wind was flowing through his hair, it was quite chilly up there. He didn't acknowledge me even when I sat down alongside him.

"Jim, what's up? You just walked away randomly." I said softly.

"You left first to go talk to that blonde headed-" He spat out before stopping himself from insulting Tom. He sighed deeply. "You were talking to Tom, what did you expect me to do? Stand there like an idiot by myself?" He said harshly.

"You could've come over to us." I proposed, still a hushed tone washing over my voice.

"(Y/n), you seemed perfectly happy laughing and joking with Tom by yourself. I wouldn't have wanted interfere." He said the last part with a hint of sarcasm.

"Interfere with what?" I said, raising my voice slightly. He didn't respond, he just scoffed. "Jim, I was just thanking him for saving my life." I explained.

"Yeah sure." He said sarcastically.

"Jim I am not dealing with this right now." I sighed, standing up really quickly. I had somehow forgotten we were literally on the bow of the ship. I stood of way too fast and felt myself slip and begin to fall over.

Jim fortunately, was used to my clumsiness, honestly i'd say the reason his reflexes are so good is because i'm always falling. He jumped up and was able to catch onto my waist just before I fell. We were then face to face and extremely close to each other.

My heart was racing so fast but I don't think it was just because I nearly fell, I think it was also  somewhat due to our closeness in that moment. I was also breathing quite heavily. Before we knew it we were gazing into each other's eyes, I was completely lost in his beautiful blue ones. I felt a soft smile creep onto my face, Jim's then mirroring mine.

Without either of us realising we were leaning in to one another. It had been so long since I was able to kiss him. After what felt like an eternity our lips had finally met. I wrapped my arms around Jim's neck and he held me even closer than before. It felt like the world had stopped, and for a few moments it was only Jim and I. I could feel my heart and stomach flutter intensely as he continued to kiss.

I wouldn't have pulled away ever, only for the the fact that we both needed air. Jim pressed his forehead to mine, "I've been waiting a long time for that." Jim chuckled.

"You have no idea." I laughed along.

"You still blush every time." He said pulling our faces away from each other, placing a gently hand on my cheek.

This only made the pink on my cheeks grow to a deep red. I laughed slightly, for some reason I felt nervous. It could have been the fact that it had been so long but I don't know.

I cleared my throat, making Jim take his hand away. "Thanks for catching me by the way." I smiled sheepishly.

"I'll always be there to catch you." He smiled, such a genuinely happy smile.

"Cheesy." I giggled. "I love you Jim." I said running my hand through his hair.

"I love you too (Y/n)."