• Chapter 13 •

"Well this looks...sort of comfortable." I said staring down at the makeshift bed Jim tried to make from what was in this room.

"You can be honest." He sighed.

"Ok, it looks like i'm going to have a broken back tomorrow morning." I said bluntly.

"Hey! I said honest, not harsh." He whined.

"Sorry there's a very indistinguishable line between them in this case." I replied blatantly.

"Stop using fancy words to sound better than me." Jim crossed his arms.

"Fancy words? Like what?" I laughed.

"Indistinguishable." He replied in a posh voice.

"Jim that's not a fancy word." I said as I took off my boots.

"Yeah it is." He answered back, taking of his shoes too. We both left our swords down as well.

"I think I might need to get you a dictionary." I chuckled.

"A gift? for me? Wow (Y/n), you spoil me." He said sitting down into the blanket.

"Very funny." I faked a laugh.

"Come on." He patted the space beside him, indicating for me to lay down beside him. I plopped down next to him and we both pulled a blanket over us.

"I don't know why you think this isn't comfortable (Y/n). We've literally slept on the ground outside on treasure planet and in a cleaning supply closet." Jim laughed.

"I mean that's true but stilllll." I said, having absolutely no argument.

"Alright we should probably get some sleep." Jim said.

"Yeah, Goodnight." I said turning over.

"Goodnight." He replied.

I laid down in silence for a few minutes just staring at the wall. I was not able to get to sleep for the life of me.

"(Y/n)?" I heard Jim say quietly.

"Mhm?" I turned over to face him.

"Are you awake?" He whispered.

"No Jim. I'm alseep." I said sarcastically.

"Well sorryyyy. I didn't wanna start talking but then be talking to myself. I had to check, you talk in your sleep a lot so I didn't know if you were actually awake." Jim replied.

"Ohhh yeah. Makes sense, anyway, what's up?" I asked.

"I can't sleep." He said simply.

"Me neither." I replied. "We could just, I don't know talk for a bit till we get tired."

We talked for a bit just about random things that came to mind. We had a few things to tell one another since we had stopped talking to each other for a while.

"You know (Y/n), you don't know me as well as you think." Jim said smugly.

"What do you mean?" I asked, confused.

"You don't even know my name." He said, pretending he was hurt by the fact that I apparently didn't know his name.

"Yeah I do. It's Jim. What are you on about?" I laughed.

"Nope, Jim's just my nickname." He poked me jokingly.

"Hey! Don't poke me. Wait seriously?! So what's your real name?" I asked surprised.

"The names James Pleiades Hawkins. Nice to meet you." He chuckled.

"Woah for real?" I asked.

"Mhm." He replied.

"That's so cool, your name sounds kinda badass. Why don't you go by James?" I questioned.

"I don't know, never have. You're the only person besides my mom that knows my real full name." He smiled.

"Huh, I feel sort of special, not gonna lie." I smiled back. "I'm definitely going to call you James more often." I laughed.

"No you're definitely not going to do that." He shook his head.

"You really shouldn't have said that, now I know that it'll annoy you. It only makes me want to do it moreee." I said pulling the blanket more towards me since Jim had taken loads of it.

We talked more for a while and I had subconsciously moved way closer to Jim. "Alright I'm very sleepy now." I told Jim.

"Come here" Jim said.

I smiled and moved over, laying on him chest, he wrapped his arms around me. I looked at him, absolutely beaming. I was so happy to be with him. When we got comfortable he looked at my face and said,

"What?" He looked confused.

"What, what?" I replied.

"Why are you so smiley all of a sudden?" He laughed quietly.

"I'm just really happy to be in your arms." I yawned, causing Jim to yawn too.

He chuckled, "Happy to have you here, stay anytime. Goodnight (Y/n)." Jim kissed my forehead.

"Goodnight Jim." I giggled.

~ Jim's P.O.V. ~
I still couldn't get over the fact that she really likes me, loves me even. It wasn't long before (Y/n) fell asleep, I could tell she was really tired.

She was so cute, messy hair, mouth open, snoring and talking. It didn't matter what she did, she was always so beautiful to me, even if she doesn't believe it sometimes.

"I love you." I heard her mumble.

I wasn't sure if it was her sleep talk or if she was only half asleep so I replied anyway. "I love you to (Y/n)." I smiled. I saw a soft smile appear on her face, so either she was only half asleep or having a really nice dream. "Sweet dreams, you clumsy cutie." I whispered.

(A/n) Very sorry for the slow updates. Also, kinda unrelated but I wrote this at the hairdressers while she was doing my hair. So if it's not amazing that's because I was worried about her seeing lolll.