• Chapter 25 •

"Right lads, we're here. After going through this we'll arrive at botany bay by the end of the day. There's a chance we could meet the ship were rescuing on the way so make sure your on your guard." Silver shouted down to the deck full of the crew.

Jim and I were stood either side of him, he was keeping his gaze straight ahead, really not wanting to even glance at me. I was looking down on the crew trying to see if I could spot Tom. I eventually spotted his blonde curly hair, he quickly looked down so as to not make eye contact with me.

I really had no idea why he would do that to me and James. We were all friends. I had to focus on our mission. Get the Centurion back. It's hard with everything that's happened but I just had to power through.

It'll all work out eventually, he'll understand. I tried to reassure to myself.

"Approaching the portal!" Silver shouted.

"Portal?!" I shouted and turned around to see. It was a huge glowing, swirling pink blob. "Silver I thought you said shortcut, not portal!"

"The portal is the shortcut (N/n)." He explained.

"Is this not dangerous?" James asked Silver.

"Ah no i've been through here loads, and i'm fine." He stood arms out. I couldn't help but look at the cyborg arm. "Alright i'm not the best example, but it's fine. Smugglers use this the whole time."

There were other ships around making there way to the portal. Silver informed everyone that it would be a bit of a rocky ride and might feel strange passing through the portal. He was not lying.

As we passed through there was just a bright light I couldn't see anything, my whole body felt tingly and extremely heavy. After about a minute of this weird feeling we came out the other side. It was clear that we were no longer in the lagoon nebula. This place was full of red and orange planets and meteors in complete contrast with the lagoon nebulas shades of purple and blue.

                                      。。。

"There she is." Silver gasped. "My beautiful new ship." He continued.

"We found them- wait what did you just say Silver?" I wasn't sure if i'd heard correctly.

He took in a deep breath and sighed. "Alright, now that we've found the centurion, those of you who don't know have a right to. We're taking that there ship for ourselves. Those of who'd like to join us, may do so." He grinned. "Those of you who would not, please step forward."

No one moved a muscle. I didn't either, but only because I couldn't believe we were being betrayed again. I looked over at James expecting him to have the same reaction as me. However, he was still blank. Still standing firmly by Silver, whom I had backed away from already.

"James?" I sent him a pleading look, this time he glanced over to me but then straight back ahead. I couldn't believe what was happening.

"Right then, if no one has a problem we're going to-" Silver started.

"Hold on a minute!" a voice came from a group of the crew who had just stepped forward. That was when Tom emerged from the group. "You're not taking anything for yourself." He said a smile playing on his lips. "You see I may have been letting a friend of mine know what's about to happen. That friend being Ironbeard of course. I found out about your plans from one or two of your crew. Then I was able to let my good friend know, he's ready for you. You have no chance." Tom explained.

"HAS EVERYONE GONE INSANE?!" I screamed.

The crew began to fight amongst themselves, Silvers side against Toms. I genuinely just could not comprehend everything that just happened.

"Come on now (N/n). I would've told you sooner but with everything between you and Jimbo I wasn't sure if it'd work." Silver tried to explain.

"That doesn't make it any better." I tried to sound strong but my voice began to crack. A tear escaped my eye, I looked at Jim and his expression faltered slightly but he immediately covered it up.

I needed to get out of here, I couldn't trust anyone. I ran as fast as I could to get out. I ran down to the bottom of the ship and got in a rickety old long boat. I motored away as fast as I could.

。。。

I made my way to the nearest planet. It was a a deserted desert planet. I luckily landed near an oasis. I had a drink of water then sat in the sand to watch the water. It was really nice and peaceful here. It was a good place to process everything that's happening.

I know I shouldn't be running from my problems and that I should do something but how can I take on Silver, Jim and his crew as well and Ironbeard and his crew all by myself. I need to figure out what to do.

After a while of just thinking, there was just really nothing I could do. I could try go back and get Amelia but it'd be way too late, she's too far away. I was just completely lost.

~ James' P.O.V. ~
We were able to fight off Tom and the crew members that were secretly working for Ironbeard and they retreated to the centurion.

We all needed a chance to rest before we could try to take the Centurion, and we needed to fix one of our sails that was ripped during the fight. We will be able to catch up with the Centurion there's no doubt that they've stopped, they suffered too many injuries.

I had a few cuts and bruises, I was too tired to clean them right now. I decided to walk down to the galley just to get something to eat. Silver was sat at one of the tables with what looked like a glass of whiskey. I grabbed some food and sat down in front of him. "You alright Silver?" I asked.

"Jim. I need to talk to you. and you need to go talk to (Y/n)." He said plainly.

"Ha why should I?" I scoffed.

"Let me tell you a story...." Silver said putting his glass down.