• Chapter 9 •

We got the boat going again and we're about to leave the atmosphere of Montressor.

"It's a good thing that longboats have artificial gravity now" I said switching on the gravity.

"Sure is." Jim replied.

We were flying for about an hour and my stomach began to rumble quite loudly. "Yup i'm starving. Can we stop, there's bound to be like, I don't know...a merchants? on one of these planets." I whined.

"(Y/n), i'm hungry too but we need to find Silver." Jim replied still steering the boat.

"Ughhhh. We won't find anyone if we starve to death." I continued, but then I had an idea. "You know Jim, we kind of have to stop at the merchants anyway." I said smiling at my idea, not only because it'll get me food, but because it was a genuinely a good idea.

"What are you talking a about?" He asked.

"Well when we go to Keer, we're going to stand out like sore thumbs. I mean look at our uniforms, we look like the poshest of the posh. We'll need to get some different clothes." I said smugly.

"Huh, that's true. Well I guess we could stop somewhere, but we can't take too long." Jim said reluctantly.

We found a planet on the map that was close and that usually has a merchants. It didn't take too long to get there. We tied the boat up at the dock and started walking into the small town. This place was quite bright and colourful, the atmosphere was loud and upbeat.

Luckily it looked like there was a market in the town, "We should get some new clothes first then we can get some food." I said as we walked side by side. Morph seemed to perk up at the word food.

"Wait, I don't have any money. I mean I could take a thing or two." Jim smirked.

"Jim no! We're not stealing anything. I happen to have money with me, i'm not as stupid as you." I joked.

"Sorryyy. I didn't know we were going to be on the fastest ship in the galaxy full of pirates, then have to travel to the lagoon nebula to reunite with our old friend to take back the fastest ship." Jim laughed.

The smell of different food filled my nose, it only made me so much hungrier. Jim, Morph and I stopped at one of the stalls that was selling clothes.

"Well hello, what's two rich folk like you doing down in the market on this here planet?" The woman behind the stall asked.

"What? We're not-" I tried to speak.

"Oh c'mon, i'd know those uniforms anywhere. You two are coming from the interstellar academy." She pointed at us.

Jim looked to me and mouthed 'I got this'. "Ok, you got us. We're looking for some different clothes, we're obviously very noticeable, or maybe it's because a knowledgeable lady like you would just know these things." Jim said, using his charm.

"I see you buttering up to me, young man..." She looked at us suspiciously. "...And i'm perfectly fine with it!" she exclaimed.

I let out the breath I had ben holding, it was a relief that she didn't get too suspicious of us. Jim looked at me a winked, smirking, I just rolled my eyes, smiling. I guess you can charm your way through some situations.

"So what sort of coverings, you looking for?" The woman at the stall asked.

"Well, between us, we need to look like pirates. We're going somewhere that we'll have to fit in with them." I whispered to her.

"Oh, say no more! I've got got just what you two need." She said as she rummaged around for a few things.

She handed us the two bags with clothes and I paid her, it was a little expensive but I didn't mind.

"I've a buddy, just down the road. He sells weapons, you know like swords. I think they'd really add to the look." The woman said before we walked away.

Jim looked at me smiling and nodding, I shook my head in response. We thanked the woman at the stall and went into one of the small alleys to change quickly.

Jim ended up convincing me to buy us both swords, I will admit that the swords really did add to the look even if they were a little much. They weren't the best quality but if they were they would be been way too expensive.

We were looking at our reflections in a shop window, "We do look pretty badass." I said pulling my hair out of my face.

"Ha yeah, well we better get some food to bring back to the boat." Jim said.

We went and bought some food to bring back to the longboat. I mostly bought stuff that would last, but we got some tastier bits as well, like some fruit. Morph was already eating some of the fruit before we got back. We put everything into the boat and ate some food quickly before taking off again.

We had gotten a little more food than we needed so we wouldn't have to stop again. It occurred to us that once a little more time passed we'd have to sleep, so we decided that we'd take shifts. One of us would sleep and the other would sail.

"(Y/n), you can sleep first." Jim said in a caring tone.

"No, you...you sleep...first." I said practically falling asleep myself.

"(Y/n), you're already falling asleep." Jim laughed.

"I guess..." I said laying down. "Thanks Jim." I said as I felt Morph cuddle up to my face.

"Have a good sleep (Y/n)." Jim said.

"Don't crash." I replied.

"Don't worry I won't." Jim said, quietly chuckling.

I fell asleep rapidly, Jim and I swapped places a few times, both getting sleep. I'm nearly sure Jim would let me sleep longer on purpose though. I thought it was pretty sweet of him.

(A/n) Just ideas for what both of you might be wearing.