• Chapter 29 •

(A/n) Here's another chapter because I feel bad about how long this story has been taking lmao 😭

~ (Y/n)'s P.O.V. ~
I caught up a bit with Doppler first and after that Amelia said she could let me stay in one of the small cabins or I could stay in the stateroom on the couch. I decided to stay where I was, not only because it was actually a very comfortable place but also because at least then i'd be able to listen to what was going on, and just pretend to be asleep.

I decided to keep my eyes the slightest bit open, Amelia was at her desk with Doppler alongside her. Nothing had really happened, until one of the crew members came bursting into the room.

"Captain, words just been sent from a sister ship." He began "They've found Jim Hawkins. He's safe with Sergeant Keras Rhis and they want to know would you like them to send him over." The man explained frantically.

"Oh that's wonderful news." Amelia said with Doppler looking just as happy. "As for bringing him over..." She glanced towards me.

I still didn't move. I really didn't even know if I wanted to talk to him. It was amazing to hear that he was safe but I really had no idea if I actually wanted to speak to him.

After a pondering moment Amelia came to a decision, "Bring him over, but be quiet.
next time. My daughte- niece is asleep." I didn't mind that she had almost called me her daughter, I knew she wasn't but she'd been basically my mother for most of my life.

                                。。。

I must have actually accidentally went to sleep because the next time someone came in the door it startled me a little. I still kept quiet though. Speaking to Jim right now just seemed really daunting. He walked in the door with one of the crew. He was wearing a navy uniform. It must've been the only thing they had for him to wear over there. It did really suit him though.

He came in with a very sorry expression. "By the look on your faces, i'm guessing you know what happened." He said to Amelia and Doppler. "I'm so sorry."

"It's great to see you Jim my boy, and wonderful to know your safe and sound." Doppler pulled him into a tight hug. "But we know it's not to us you should be apologising." Doppler smiled sadly at him. He was obviously a bit disappointed in Jim. Rightfully so.

"Right. Yes. I know. Where is she?" he asked quickly.

"She asleep over on the couch, you may wake her to talk if you wish. She's been asleep for quite some time now." Amelia pointed towards me. "Once your finished talking you should really get those injuries cleaned up Mr. Hawkins."

"Right yeah. Silver didn't exactly have the best medical stuff." He did have quite a few cuts and bruises, one very noticeable one on his face. "Do you think she'll forgive me?" Jim asked in a whisper.

"There's only one way to find out." Doppler pushed him over towards me.

Amelia grabbed Doppler and they both left the room. She clearly just wanted us to have some privacy. I was still pretending to be asleep. I don't even know why I was at this stage. James walked over very quietly, and sat down gently next to me, trying not to move the couch to much.

"I'm so sorry" he said in what was barely even a whisper. He bent down, put his hand on my face and placed a very soft kiss on my forehead. It was then I decided to open my eyes. "Oh shit, sorry I didn't mean to wake you up." He said very quickly pulling away from me.

"No I was awake." I said simply.

"So you had me tiptoeing around like an idiot for no reason?" He joked.

I could help but smile a little. "You deserve it to be fair."

He let out a deep sigh. "Yeah, about that..."

"Before you say anything" I interjected. "I hope you know that I didn't kiss Tom. He kissed me and I wasn't expecting it. I pulled away as fast as I could and tried to talk to you, to explain but-"

"But then I was an idiot and ran off making stupid decisions." Jim finished my sentence. "I realise now that you wouldn't purposefully do that to me and I completely overreacted."

"That's an understatement." I laughed lightly.

"Yeah and i'm very sorry. If there was a more sorry word than sorry I would said it. I'll do anything I can to make it up to you." He practically pleaded.

"Anything?" I teased.

"Oh come on (Y/n) really?" He laughed.

"Hey! That's where your mind went, not mine." I joked.

"I really hope that you forgive me or that you will with time at least." Jim sighed.

"Oh James, of course I forgive you. You may be an absolute idiot but you're my idiot." I smiled genuinely, placing a gentle hand on his cheek, making sure not to touch the cut.

He put his hand over mine and pressed his face into my hand. "Thank you. I promise i'll make it up to you."

"Yeah yeah you can do all that once we're home and safe." I said. I began to inspect his injuries. He had quite a few bruises and cuts but the worst was the one of his face. "Why didn't you clean yourself up properly? Your cuts are gonna get infected."

"I did clean them properly!" He protested.

"Oh yeah, clearly." I responded sarcastically. "The one on your face is really bad, i'd say you'll need stitches for this. There's gotta be a medical kit about here somewhere." I said as I got up to search some of the cupboards.

Finally I found a first aid kit in a drawer. I brought it over to Jim, pulled up a chair in front of him and sat down. I opened up the tin and there was a good bit in there. "This'll do fine." I said, half talking to myself really. "Come closer." I said pulling out some alcohol wipes. He moved in as close as he could, our legs intertwined.

I very carefully cleaned his injuries leaving the worst for last. "This is going to hurt a lot isn't it?" He said as I put my hand up to his face.

"Probably." I replied. I wiped around the gash first and then I was going to have to clean it fully with saline solution. He squirmed until I was finished but that wasn't the worst part. I still had to do the stitches.

"Are you sure you can do this?" He looked very worried.

"Jim we learned this in school. It'll be fine." I reassured, but I wasn't so sure my self.

"Please be careful (Y/n)"

"Oh wow James, i'm so glad you said that because I was actually planning on being really reckless." I joked.

After stitching up the wound successfully I put away all the medical stuff and brought Jim over to the mirror on the wall. "What do you think?" I asked as if I had just given him a makeover.

"Oh it looks fabulous." He joked. He's traced his fingers over the stitches very lightly. "You did a great job." He smiled. "But this is probably going to leave a scar right?" He said sounding a little sad.

"It definitely will." I replied and Jim sighed. "Don't worry about it James, It'll only make you look ten times cooler, and hotter if I may say so myself." I chuckled.

"I guess it's not so bad then huh?" He turned to face me putting an arm around my waist.

"Mhm" was all I could manage to get out. No matter how long we've been together I still get flustered when he pulls me close like that.

It was at that moment that there was a knock at the door. "I'm coming in." came Amelias voice. We quickly pulled away from each other and she came in.

She said that she wanted to talk to us-specifically James since Silver seemed to have confided his plans in him- about everything we know and saw. We told her everything we could and spared no detail.