🔥1🔥

Above is the Crest on the white robe the men wore

______________________________________

||****||

“………Once upon a time, in a long forgotten land, there was an ancient castle floored with polished gold and it walls, built with precious stones. In it lies a treasure, the golden key. This key unlocks the great gate to the underworld and it was guarded by a sorcerer named Luzmi, protector of the land from demons which roam the land. During the war between humans and the under demons known as the FIEND, Luzmi and his Army known as the CURATOR fought to keep the balance casting the FIENDS back to………………….”

“My God Julie what kind of a story is this, uhh?” Gab yelled “I’m not five any more, why do you insist on feeding me this crazy story? I mean demons, old castle, golden key,Curator? What does a Curator have to do with fighting demons, huh? These are stories told to children, I’m not a child any more!” Gab yelled louder with his arms folded across his chest and his eyes filled with anger and contempt.

“But Gabriel my dear, you are only ten years old, I thought I could read you a meaningful story with less……...,”

“Well you thought wrong.” Gab interrupted, “And the story is as meaningless as you.”

“Uhhhh” She gasped, still staring at Gab with lost words and punctured heart.

“Shut up Gab; don’t talk to your mother in that manner.” Mr. Harrison, Gab’s father ordered. Who, the entire time, was standing at Gab’s door. “Why do you always find it pleasing hurting your mother’s feeling, huh?”

“No dad, you are wrong, she’s not my mother; she is your wife. After mum died you couldn’t wait to marry her, a woman that is way younger than you.” His sharp voice pierced through as he yelled exasperating.

What did Gab know?  Obviously nothing. No one cared to talk about the  mysterious death of his mother, and his dad replacing his mother with Julie, drove Gabriel insane.

Julie sat at the edge of Gab’s bed, dumbfounded. Tears filled her eyes and she wondered why Gabriel hated her so much. She had tried all she could to be a mother figure for her step-son but it all backfired badly. What was she doing wrong? couldn’t quite place her finger on it. Maybe she was trying too had to impress a boy who was still scarred from his mother's demise. This bitter thought bothered Julie and it pained Paul to see her beautiful face turn wistful.

Julie looked a little younger than Lucy, Gabriel's actual mom but, she wasn’t as tall as Lucy was. Julie was beautiful and according to nosy neighbors, she was too beautiful to settle for a widower.

She was average hight, slim figure with a rocking body that drew even young-adult to her. Fingers naturally long and clean that even Gabriel secretly admired. From when he was seven, he secretly learnt to save left finger nails to look like Julie's.

Her long raven-black hair complemented her beautiful shaped face, holding a contagious laugh that managed to warm the heart of many except Gabriel. And nothing hurts Paul Harrison more than watching that laughter being carried away by wind.

“Who knows if you were actually cheating on mum with her.” Gab felt sad, so sad that his mother was gone for good. He couldn’t help but transfer that aggression on the one person he dislikes.

Ever since Julie got married to Paul Harrison, Gabriel grew a kind of fondness for her. The death of Gabriel mother affected him so badly.

Mrs. Lucy Harrison died mysteriously in her bathtub. Cause of death? unknown. Not even science could explain.

Lucy was found lying lifeless, her brown skin turned pale, very pale and wrinkled and her finger nails, black as charcoal, her raven-black hair, it turned gray and scanty.

Lucy death was unnatural, obviously and Gab was not allowed to see but too late, he had seen enough to know how peculiar his mother’s death was before the wired dressed men in a white robe that looked like a cassock, crested with an anchor and a star on the left breast of the robe, showed up.

Gabriel was petrified, his legs numb from all the eeriness. One of the weird dressed men switched  his gaze to Gab, cutting into his little soul and sending chills that could kill even an adult.

His dad carried him up quickly from the floor where he sat into the master bedroom.

“Da-dad who are they?” He managed to ask with a shaking voice, almost making the words impossible to understand.

His dad kissed his forehead and replied “They are from church.”

“But mom—”

“I know son, I know.” He said fighting the tears.

But what exactly did Paul Harrison know, really?

Gabriel was only five when she died. The last thing he remembered was his mum reading him a bed time story titled, Tales of the Museum. Although he couldn’t remember the content of the story, but he knew it was a fairy tale and he could still remember the sound of her voice.

Her voice was soft and beautiful. Some will even say very romantic. And after reading she returned the book to the home library where all her books were stored  after which she went to bath, little did she know that will be the last time she would read to her son.

Julie got up from Gabriel' bed and walked over to where her husband stood. They shut the door behind them. And standing at Gab's room door,  he said “Am sorry for the way Gabriel treats you, only that he hasn’t gotten over the death of his mother yet.” Holding Julie by the waist with one hand and brushing her hair with the other.

“Sweetheart, I understand I only wish…..” She cleans the tears that ran down her chin “I wish one day he will love me. I want to be here for both of you, I want him to give me a chance, I………” Her words came with pain and she couldn’t stop crying.

“…Shhhh, don’t feel too sad ok, he will come around.” Paul assured as he hugged her tight.

______________________________________

Done with the first chapter,  still under editing though.

I hope you enjoy your read. 
Please and please,  let me know in the comments what you think of the story

Please share with your friends.  Thanks

I hope you make good choices, and please don't forget to hit the star sign ⭐ below. 
👇  thanks.

______________________________________

||****||

Words (1100)