🔥19🔥

“Hey, you made it.” Julie acknowledged Emy, paying little attention on her or her friend. “Take those light and those vases. Give the light to the men on yellow doing the electrical work. And as for the vase; put two on the stage at the front lawn the other two on the stage at the back lawn.” Julie instructed Emy. “And you,” Julie pointed at Mary.  “Take those paintings.” she pointed at a pile of lovely paintings at the corner of the wall close to stairway  “Take them to the maid in charge, Mrs. Godwin.”  She knows where to hang them.

“Yes ma'am.” Mary replied rushing to perform her first duty.

Julie was a sweet, easy going woman. With a heart big enough to accommodate the entire earthlings.  But all those precious endowment came to a halt when she's working. Some may have seen her as bossy, but Julie only thought that to get her desired results, she had to give it her all and that also included sacrificing familiarity.

“Festus!!  Fes...tus!!!”. Julie called aloud.

“Yes Mrs. Harrison.” She heard a distant reply.

She moved from where she stood in the living room into the kitchen. She was parched from all the yelling so she had one of the made give her a bottle of water. Julie's eyes fell on her side and then the other but it couldn't find Festus .

Taking the bottle water angrily from the maid, she stormed out of the kitchen, partly mumbling and yelling "Where is this—" into the living room again she yelled, "Festus!!!”

"Coming ma'am." Again she got another distance reply. She knew, just like every worker present, Festus must have been engaged with work. But Julie hated it when she was kept waiting. Especially in moments like this. Time was of the essence and Festus was delaying it further.

“Coming?" She repeated furiously "Am I to wait for you?”

Festus Sprinted down to meet her. “i'm sorry ma. I was—"

Interrupting the excuse Festus was about to render, she said, handing Festus a piece of paper with a little information written on it “Go to this address; tell the boss that I said if I don't see the chairs and tables here immediately, he's going to lose the only customer he’s got. Go!” Julie instructed, checking her purse for her phone. She took it out and dialed a number.

“Hello—”said the person on the other end of the line.

“It's been two hours and I'm yet to see the bakers and cooks I requested.” Julie said holding herself from screaming.

“I'm sorry for the delay ma'am.” the person on the other end apologized. “They are almost there. I just spoke with them.”

“They better hurry up because they have to relate with the waiters and also with Mr. and Mrs.O’Donnell’s maids.” Julie said.

“Yes ma'am. I'm sorry ma'am.” Julie heard before ending the call.

Almost immediately her phone rang before she could put it back into her purse. She picked up the call without seeing who the caller was  and said an aggressive Hello.

“Juliana!”

“Mom!” she said surprised “I’m sorry i'm having a tough day today.” She apologized briefly.

“And it about to gets even tougher baby, you need to hurry down to Gabriel’s school something bad has happened.”

Julie felt a heavy beat in her chest making it almost difficult for her to breathe. She quickly grabbed her red hand bag off the brown glass table at the center of the living room and yelled “Christopher! You’re the boss. I’ll be back soon.”

“Ok ma’am.” He yelled back in reply.

She marched out of the house wearing a worried face and bursting Gabriel’s bubble, she walked right through him before he could even say the first letter of his name.

He stood there at the front lawn dumb founded. Out of option, then he caught the sight of Emy walking behind the house. He followed her hoping she would be able to see him, at least.

Emy stood close to the barn; she took out a bottle that housed something that looked like green oil from her purse. She opened it and poured a little of it content on the floor before chanting words he couldn’t comprehend.

"What's she doing?" He wondered. He's bewilderment was still focued on her, then he witnessed again a dark fog just like before and  appearing from it was the same volcanic-like creature now standing infront of her.

“Get out of there!” he screamed. But what good did it do? He sprinted towards her only to get the shock and his life.

“It’s time.” Emy voiced.

Gabriel watched this volcanic-like creature walked toward Emy and kissed her as he changed completely into Gabriel. He was stunned at this. He gazed at the person standing if front on Emy, and it was like looking at the mirror.

“This will be a good distraction for the town as we go on with our plan.” He said.

“Yes Roe, Bettriza shall rise.” Emy replied. Staring at the now Gabriel features, Emy couldn't help herself. She moved her fingers on his hair then it found it way easy to the back of his neck. She drew him closer to her and placed her lips on his , kissing him back. It was only a kiss but even Gabriel could see something exchange between them orally.

“And he will be proud of you.” He replied softly.

Gab stood there in dread, speechless. How would he have guessed? He was beyond heartbroken. In as much as he was yet to understand the situation he just witnessed, he still was able to comprehend that Emy was a big part of it.

He felt a light hand on his shoulder. He turned around to see who it belonged to and his eyes fell  on  an old man holding a stick. “Come with me son.” The old man said mildly.

______________________________________

Tell me truth, where you expecting that?

I don't know about you, but I'm beginning to fear for Gabriel.

Let me know what you think in the comments and don't forget to vote.

Stay safe.

______________________________________

||****||

Words (1030)