🔥32🔥

The curators tried to draw strength from one another; they knew it was now or never. Adam and the others couldn’t bear watching Luzmi beaten like a criminal by Bettriza who showed no mercy pounding him to the ground.

He needed to help and the only way he could help was to unite Gabriel with his staff.

Bettriza was the only opponent Gabriel could never beat without his staff; it had enough energy to keep him strong, even stronger than the Fiend lord. Subconsciously, Gabriel doubted his ability to tap into Luzmi's powers and without Gabriel fully trained to control his full potential, he had to rely solely, on his staff.

Gabriel crawled on the floor, placing one hand on his broken rip which took longer time to heal. “Damn this body,” he hate that he was stock in a weak body, there was no time to fully sync with it. The only thing was to hope that his inner powers was enough to conquer Bettriza and still keep his weak body alive.

“Oh Luzmi,” Bettriza called as he moved closer to Gabriel who struggled to move away from him “When will you learn? You are nothing without your toy.” he smirked.

Adam moved slowly towards the ring of fire. It was so hot that the heat from the it burnt through his garment. The closer he moved towards it, the more  it burned.

Bettriza was too busy to even notice Adam’s attempt. He loosed the rope that clinched his garment around his waist, held it tight in his hand and whispered something to it.

The rope shone bright yellow forming a noose at the end of it, Adam swung it in the air and to the middle of the hell fire.

“I will make this world a better place, it’s a pity you won’t be alive to witness my new world,” Bettriza said, raising Gabriel from the ground with his mind.

Gabriel was weak, defenseless, bleeding from every part of his body. He wasn’t ready to give up but what could he do? He was exhausting his inner powers and there no room for him to cultivate more. Surrounding him were Rebecca, George, Paul and other Fiends.

“Daddy, I have a gift for you.” Emy smiled as she unhooked the locket around her neck and held it. “In this lies someone that matters most to both Julie and Gabriel and I want you to have it.” she winked at the almost lifeless Gabriel and the eyed zombie Paul. Gabriel immediately knew who's soul was in the locket.

Bettriza took the locket from her, wearing a malevolent smile on his rocky face; he gazed at Gabriel, making sure their eyes met.

He drew the locket close to his opened month which from the top, from Gabriel's view, looked like a small pit of boiling fire. If the locket eventually dropped in mouth, it would mean the end for Gabriel's father.

“Master Luzmi!” Adam yelled, attracting not only Gabriel’s attention but the other Fiends as well as Bettriza’s and Emy’s attention too, then swiftly, Adam threw the staff to Gabriel using his enchanted rope.

Bettriza stopped mid-way from putting the locket into his mouth as Emy turned angrily, letting out a loud cry which sent electric current through Adam’s body, electrocuting him to ashes. At the same moment, Rebecca and George moved swiftly towards the other curators left alive and slaughtered them all.

Gabriel felt his strength revive as his staff drew closer, he pushed himself forward, breaking Bettriza's hold and grabbed his staff  with his right hand.

What he felt was more than anger as he saw the curators lying lifeless on the floor. Of course he was Luzmi, he was also Gabriel and seeing his Principal burnt dead on the floor was very painful for him to watch. Even as he thought of his family too, made him more enraged than ever. Gabriel had more emotions than Luzmi ever had and his anger was way more intense.

His eyes went ice-blue as the top of his staff ignited with blue flames. He spread his arm as he was  suspended mid air. His Pyrokinesis ability was in full bloom, ready to consume.

Bettriza knew what was coming so he tried to open the locket but before he could, Gabriel flung it off his hand using his mind and then, watched  it drop into the pool

The Fiends tried to fight back but one look from Gabriel reduced them all to ashes leaving Paul lifeless on the ground, for the Fiend that had possessed him had flee from his body.

Gabriel turned the ground where Bettriza and Emy stood into Quicksand, Emy struggled to move but the more she tried, the deeper she went

But Bettriza wasn’t there for games; he noticed that the protection spell placed on the house had worn off so, he shed his outer layer of his skin and walked majestically out of the sinking ground, leaving his daughter to be pulled down.

He ripped open the front door of the house and smiled. The people cried in terror on sighting the hellish beast before them. They clinched on one another, but none could safe themselves from the death that glared at them hungrily.

Bettriza swiped his long, lizard-like tongue over his lips then, spurt out smoke from his nostrils “This is gonna be fun,” he voiced.

Alarmed, Gabriel flew apace in front of him, blocking his path. Bettriza irritably, landed a heavy punch at Gabriel which precipitated him violently to the hard ground, causing a slight earthquake.

______________________________________

||****||

Words (940)