🔥15🔥

Cover👆
______________________________________

Emy parked her car in her drive way. About entering her house she notices that the windows were open.  Terrified?  Not likely. But she sure was curious.

“Did I forget to shut the windows?”  She asked herself. She walked towards the door. Just as she held the door range, the door swings open.

“Oh my, have i been robbed?” She wondered.

She tip toed quietly into the house, straining her ears but heard nothing. She looked for anything she could use as a weapon to defend herself. She moved inaudibly into the kitchen.

Emy denied her feet and jumped when she heard......  “Surprise!!!” 

“Mum, dad. Seriously? You nearly gave me a heart attack. I wasn't expecting you. You guys were coming to town and you said nothing to me.”

“Oh Dear.” Rebecca came closer, we wanted to surprise you.”

“Yes mum and you succeeded. Consider me surprised.”

“Oh baby, next time go for the larger pestle.” Mrs. Garrick mocked after seeing how her daughter intend to save herself with a wine opener.

“Ha, ha, very funny!” Emy felt embarrassed as she dropped the wine opener on the table.“So how was your trip?” Emy asked jumping on the sofa.

Rebecca scoffed "You are really enjoying this character you chose." She blurted

"You are my family. Aren't you?" Emy asked, wearing her largest smile

“We surely are sweetie." George winked "How would you like to go China next holiday?” He asked his daughter with a weird smile.

Emy eyes widen up knowing that her holiday will be spent in China was like a dream come true. She admitted she needed a break.

“Yes, yes, yes. I will love to, dad. Emy said with her feet on and off the floor. “But, what is happening in China?” She asked curiously.

“We are lunching our new hotel there and I want all my family there with me. Including your grandma.” George said, lighting the room with his broad smile.

“But, Grandma Ann doesn’t like the plane, how will you get her to travel, dad?”

“Emm, I don’t know but I’m sure your mom will come up with something.” He said hiding his face from his wife.

Rebecca puffed “Me? I can’t imagine what I will say to convince your mother.” She complained.

“Don’t worry honey we all know that she loves you more than me, and she could never say no to Emy. So, you and Emy can convince her together.” He quickly hopped on his feet and ran to the room.

“Oh, don’t patronize me George Garrick sh—” Rebecca alarmed, following after her husband into the room.

Emy stood there laughing at her parent weird affection. Parents? Well likely. Their story is quite an interesting one. With time,  all will be revealed.

“Mary spoke once of her admiration of Chinese culture.” Emy remembered. “I’ll make new friends no doubt but with her parent permission, I’ll love my best friend with me.”

Could Emy really have a break? There was only one way for her vacation to be a success.

“Dad!” she yelled as she followed her mom in the dad chase “Can Mary come too?” she asked, catching up with him and giving her him that puppy dog eyes.

“Hmm…., what do you think honey?”

“I don’t see why not, love. She will be busy with Mary leaving you and me with china all alone.” Rebecca said as romance clouded her eyes, leaving her husband with that seductive feel.

“Yes dear you can.” George said feeling that moment already.

“Oh thank you thank you thank you” Emy said happily as she hugs her dad. She picked up her phone to tell Mary the Good news.

“Not too fast, young lady. You need her parent approval first. Still, I’ll talk to Mercy too.”

“Thank you mommy.” She hopped like a happy rabbit out of her parent’s room.

"She really didn't need our permission." George gave a worried look to Rebecca.

Returning her gaze back to him,  she hushed I'm immediately "She may not, but we both know why she needs Mary with her."  She whispered, receiving an agreement nod from George.

Emy rush into the living room and instantly dialed Mary's number.

“Hello, Mary, how would you like to go to china?” She asked, not waiting Mary to say anything.  The next thing that burst her ear drum was the loud scream of excitement from her friend.

||****||

Later that evening, in the living room, Rebecca had a heart to heart talk with Emy After Emy had told her everything about her love for Gabriel.

“You shouldn’t have these feelings, it could jeopardize everything we had begun for years.” Rebecca reminded Emy.

“ I don't intend to jeopardize anything. I feel he feels the same way but he hasn't said anything, yet.”

“Hmmm” Rebecca exhaled deeply. Thinking hardly on a better way to say what she was about to say “You know,” She brushed Emy's hair with her hands.  “April shouldn’t be a problem,Okay?”  Rebecca confirms that she was listening. “Emy, don’t grow soft on him. You’ve made that mistake once don’t make it again, ok?”

“I don't plan to.” She gave a short reply.

______________________________________

||****||

Words (866)