🔥13🔥

REVELATION

______________________________________

||****||

(Clock ticking) 

Mrs. Harrison paced the living room, having one eye on the front door and another on the wall clock which ticking sound was loud enough to burst her ear drum.

It’s 10:45pm and Gabriel was yet to return home. Julie had a conflicted thought and just couldn’t bring herself to a conclusion.

“What have I done?” she thought “Where would he be?" She let out a deep sigh “Hmm, maybe he’s at Andrew’s or Jason’s.”

She halted, stared a while at the shut door and then roughened her hair with her finger nails out of frustration as the thought rolled in. “What if he calls his father or he runs away?”

What if, what if, what if!

Julie was losing it; she has never been this scared; she was worried about her step-son.

She sank into the single couch at the left corner of the living room and fell her face on her palm, doing nothing except counting the seconds.

And exactly twenty-six seconds later she heard the front door swing open. Weird, but her ragging heart couldn't keep her from counting. She jumped to her feet hastily and rushed to the door. “Gab darling!” She managed to call out.

He ignored her call and walked pass her into the house. She wasn’t expecting him to hug her, not after what he had witness her do.

She curled the top of her ring, sighed slowly as she fought the protesting tears.

If nothing, Julie was soft hearted, very emotional and that had turn out to be her greatest strength and also her greatest weakness. She had taking decisions because of it, made mistakes in the past, too, because of it which now she thinks it had come to hunt her.

She walked back into the house, cleaning off the tears on her cheek only to find Gabriel sitting on a couch in the living room.

Shocked, she stared at him.

“Start talking!” He demanded with a straight face.

Julie could see trepidation swimming in his eyes in spite of his efforts to conceal it.

“Dear momma, help me.” She mutter as she sat on a chair that was in safe distance away from Gabriel’s

She knew she had to tell him someday but what she didn’t know was how to tell him and with ROE out, now was even too late to tell him.

She puffed out loudly as she ruminate on how to begin even as she watched Gabriel sitting patiently expecting an answer he could comprehend.

“I love your father.” She started.

Gabriel replied nothing but took not one gaze away from her.

“I am not a witch like you said earlier.” She emphasized.

Gab furrowed his brows, giving her a fierce look. A look that screamed “Then who the fuck are you?”

“I’m a curator and so was your mom.” She dropped. Not helping Gabriel's perplexed state.

He adjusted himself on the couch and yelled “What?My mom was in a magical cult?”