🔥8🔥

THE VISIT

______________________________________

||****||

“I can see all is going well.” Sarah Wilson said smiling down at her daughter.

“Yes mother, Gabriel is more welcoming than before, did he see you come in?” Julie asked.

“No, and he won’t till I leave.”

“Why the hurry, momma?”

“Adams told me you called him.” She said walking over to the dining table, ignoring her daughter’s previous question. She took out a chair tugged under the table to sit.

“Yes momma, I did. I had to inform him on Gabriel’s development.” Julie told her, joining her mother at the table “Momma, he’s having nightmares now and…”

“Then you should know it has already begun.” Sarah exhaled slowly and continued “The sacred orb has turned black, someone stole the golden key.” She grabbed Julie hands, with her eyes locked in her daughter’s. Giving her an insight on how serious the matter was.

Julie no doubt, saw the fright in her mother’s eyes and this scared her even more because among the Curators, her mother was fearless and was as powerful as Adams, the head keeper.

“But momma, only few curators knew where the key was hidden even I don’t know of the location and it is certain a Fiend will never know where it was kept unless…” She gasped.

“Yes Juliana, we have a traitor in our midst. Remember, the bearer of the golden key died mysteriously. But it was as if Lucy knew who her murderer was, she would have avoided him but that would mean leaving Gabriel and Paul so, she chose to stay so she sent the key to me and placed a little essence on Gabriel for his protection.”

“Lucy’s gift was to be at many places at the same time.” Julie said sadly “I guess she knew she was going to die and when it would happen. Momma, weeks before her passing, she begged me to take care of her family. At first I thought maybe she knew I secretly crushed on Paul.”

Sarah rose her daughter’s chin up to hers “To cast a cloaking spell on the key, I needed five powerful Curators and only we knew where it had.” She took her gaze away from Julie “The great gate has been unlocked so also is Gabriel’s gift. His dream was not just a dream he was there, he saw it open.”

Sarah’s eyes turned pure white as her voice went deeper than her normal voice. It was scarily awkward for the base of her voice was coated with the sound of flowing waters. It was not the first time for Julie to hear her mother speak in this manner, but still, she had never gotten use to it.

“The Fiend will walk the earth, BETTRIZA will rise, the essence of life will be sacrificed and oblivion will cover the earth.” She turned her white glowing eyes to her daughter “The master must live, trust no one.” Her voice went low “The time cometh, truth unvaileth, the castle must stand.”

Flickers of light escaped from Sarah as she reduced to a circle of light and disappeared.

Julie kept her head on the table, confused, at very most, scared. How could she tell this to Gabriel or even Paul? How would she begin? Would they even be safe, if the found out the whole truth?

Lucy had explained some fragments of truth to Paul when she was alive. That was basically why he didn't freak out when those men In white cassock came, after they had found Lucy dead. Like what he had told his little son then,  they were from the church.  That was what he too was told. But,  the main truth was still locked.

Julie took a deep breath  “I need to think of something fast before something bad happens. But first I need to know who the traitor is.”

She knew it was risky, she knew it may even cost her life. Not running from the fact that her marriage to Paul was planned from the very beginning, she wasn’t ready to default in the promise she gave Lucy, her best friend. She had come to love this family and she was ready to protect them with everything in her power, even with her life.

But for how long could she keep this secret?

______________________________________

Please, let me know what you think. And don't forget to hit the star.  Thanks.

______________________________________

||****||

Words (737)