🔥9🔥

Above is Jason

______________________________________

||****||

It’s was indeed a long and stressful day for Gabriel, Jason and Andrew. Planning and shopping was never an easy task for them but they had managed to get all that was needed for the upcoming party. And  to recuperate from the stress, the chose to relax by the pool in Jason’s house.            

“Now all that remains is the decorations and a program for the party.” Jason said shaking his legs lazily in the water.

“Well that shouldn’t be a problem, Julie can do that.” Shocking everyone there, Gabriel spoke up. Catching a surprise stare from his friends, even without looking, he asked, “What?”

“Did I hear you mention Julie?” Jason laughed mockingly.

“This is the first time we’ve heard you bring Julie’s name up in anything.” Andrew said giving Gabriel suspicious look while Jason kept on Laughing.

“Well I promised my dad that I won’t give her a hard time while he’s away and besides, we are stuck with each other for a while till my dad returns so I thought I should give her a chance.” Gabriel laid on the pavement of the pool and he continued, “Jason you can ask your parent, if they’d like Julie to plan their party too.”

“Great idea.” Andrew echoed.

“Since it is a direct recommendation from you, I’ll inform my parent as soon as they return.” Jason assured Gabriel. “So, Andrew, how is your Girlfriend? Jason asked.

“She's-- fine” from the look Gabriel and Jason wore on their faces, he knew his friends wanted to hear something more than fine so, he tried searching for the right words to describe Mary and  went with,  “Mary is different from all the girls I’ve met, she is unique, cleaver, composed and I think as each day passes, I fall in love with her all over again. Whenever I don’t see her, I feel like a part of me is missing. She rocks my world.” Andrew concluded smiling at himself.

Bursting out ridiculous laughter, Gabriel and Jason couldn't hide their amusement on hearing their friend's choice of words “Really, you went for rock your world?” Jason teased Andrew.

“You are indeed in love.” Gabriel remarked, smiling.

After listening to Andrew, the thought of Emy came again to Gabriel’s mind he couldn’t help but admit to himself that he was beginning to have feeling for her.

“Those are sweet words coming from you though,” Jason told Andrew. “At least yours is better compared to mine. I have to deal with a distant relationship.” Not to Happy about it, he just shook his head and sighed softly.

“That right, when was the last time heard from Rachel?” Gabriel cut in.

Rachel and Jason have been dating for eight month now, she used to live in Cleavon town but after her dad retired they had to relocate. 

“Last week.” Jason told them, “She promised to attend the party. I miss her and can’t wait to see her. It’s been three month since I last saw her.” They all could feel the emptiness in his voice. To avoid them feeling too sad for him, he quickly diverted the attention to one of them “Dude, how are you coping with the breakup?” He asked Gabriel

“I’m coping fine,” Gab replied. “It’s better to stay alone than to have a nagging girlfriend.” He added.

“I agree with you.” Said Andrew.

“I plan calling Emy and Mary to come over to assist in planning the program, I also plan calling April too but, I wasn’t sure if you will like her around.” Jason said facing Gabriel. “It’s better to be around Emy. Who knows what you might do if you see April here."

“No, don’t call April please unless you want me out of here. But you can go ahead and call Emy and Mary." Gabriel immediately disapproved and Andrew conceded.

“Well I’ll make the call now.” Jason stood up, went into the house and he made the call. A few minute later, he returned to the pool. “They’ll be here soon.” He said taking his seat on the pavement of the pool. And just like that, Gabriel's heart felt uneasy knowing that Emy was coming over.

The three boys rested their backs on the pavement floor. Gab adjusted his sunglasses and stared at the clear sky. Quietly, they laid then, Gabriel began noticing the clouds charging forms. The more he looked the gloomier it became.

He turned to his friends but they were still lying quietly with their shades on.

He returned his gaze to the clouds, but now, it was normal, clear as it was before. He just assumed that his sunglasses were playing tricks on him.

He closed his eyes a while and opened them again. The bright clouds had tuned blood red. Lightning striking through and ravens hovering above his head.

Gabriel could feel the same presence as he felt in his dream but this time he understood the language and the voice was clearer and familiar;

The path to strength lies within
The staff of war lies beneath,
Patience and love will guide you through,
The bowl where life and death was laid.

As the voice fades the sound of thunder pounded his heart forcefully, causing him to jolt instantly.

“Are you alright?” Andrew asked, noticing how intensely Gab quaked.

“Of course he’s not,” Jason teased “Can’t you see? Emy is here.”

“Emy is here?” Gabriel asked, turning his gaze to the left  and to the right but saw no one, only his friends. Yeah, he should have known, Jason with his Jokes.

“Be patient lover boy, she’d be here any minutes.” Jason smiled, diving into the water.

“Ha-ha, very funny.” Gabriel commented ignorantly and Jason splashed water on him.

______________________________________

Thanks for your reads, votes and support.  It really means a lot to me.

Please,  don't hesitate click the star ☀ and comments.  You thought on my story will be much appreciated. Thanks.

Gab is about to hit a new chapter in his life. Are you curious to know about it?
Let's find out on the next chapter.

Thanks for reading.

______________________________________

||****||

Words (1023)