🔥24🔥

Mary came over to Emy’s house hoping to get some fashion advice and also to go over the program with her. “I want everything to go as planned,” She kept on saying.

“Sometimes I wonder why you worry so much. Then I realized, you are just programmed that way. First, it’s your dress then the party. Chill, it will go as planned. It has to.” Emy assured. Placing her palms on Mary's while sitting on the bed.

Mary felt a little at ease, she folded the piece of paper and kept it inside her purse. Breaking their conversation was Mrs. Garrick walking into Emy's room.

“Emy, honey, your dad and I will like to see you briefly.” Rebecca voiced “I’m sorry Mary.” She apologized for the interruption.

“It's alright, Mrs. Garrick.” Mary told her, smiling

“Excuse me; I need to help in another fashion disaster. They’ve been all about what to wear to the O’Donnell’s party since morning.” Emy said, laughing so easily.

“I understand, I’ll see you tomorrow.” Mary told her friend "Now, I need to hurry to Andrew's. He messaged me an hour earlier; he requested to see me." Mary got up from the bed and straightened her Green, printed skirt.

"Alright, just be careful, you know it's late." Emy only earned a wide smile from her friend. She gave her a quick hug and saw her through the front door. After waving good night to Mary, she hurried straight into her parent’s room.

“What is so important?” Emy asked crisply as she walked in. She noticed two Fiends standing behind the door when she  stepped in and her parents were seated on the brown leather couch in their bedroom.

Both Fiends acknowledged Emy and one of them reported “The curators has Gabriel’s body”

“Good, that was my plan. If I wanted him dead, I wouldn’t have sent him to the woods, now would i?” she asked rhetorically, making her way to the single brown leather couch opposite the one Rebecca and Gearge sat on.

“But that was not what we talked about.” George argued.

“I don’t know what we talked about, all I know is, we got what we wanted. The key. He has to see how we take over.”

“I believe you still have a soft spot for him.” Rebecca, not mincing her words, asserted.

“True but, that has nothing to do with the plan.” Emy replied convincingly

Rebecca and George fixed their gaze on each other for a while. Rebecca knew that Emy's actions, ignorance or mistake as Rebecca would love to address it, was going to lead to a very risky consequences. Which, if not managed, could ruin decades of planning.

George felt the same way but doing something to prevent such was a better solution. “We need clean blood for the ritual tomorrow.” George said.

“Roe has it taken care of.” Emy smiled. Knowing their fear, she chose to not talk about it.

||****||

“How is he?” Adams asked immediately Wayne Jackson walked out of the room Gabriel was laid.

“He’s as good as dead. All the revival spells we performed on him were nugatory.” He explained hopelessly.

His attention drifted to the sound of footsteps coming towards their direction. He turned to see who it belonged to then saw it was Gem's.