🔥30🔥

Fighting the curators was never easy but Rebecca and George was not thinking of giving up. Both groups jammed their sword hard; spinning in the air like the law of gravity didn’t apply to them.

The curators fought as hard as the Fiend that attacks them. The sound of their jammed knifes scared the bats out of their hiding places.

Sarah swung her flaming sword through the Fiends like she was cutting pieces of papers. They all were not a match for her but soon, her strength started to fail and so were the other curators.

She could feel their weakness to a point that their swords becoming too heavy to hold “What is happening?” Sarah asked, staggering. Trying to keep her balance on the ground.

Rebecca tittered as she walked closer to Sarah that her blurry image became more visible for Sarah to see.

A curator ran hurriedly toward Rebecca with his sword high ready to descend on her when Rebecca felt an odd breeze from behind her, she turned swiftly around and her hand caught the neck of a curator, cutting off the air from his lungs. She held tight, bringing him to his knees. He tried to struggle but couldn’t find the strength to do so.

Rebecca eyes went blood red, shooting out venomous spikes from her palms that stung his neck. She smiled wickedly as she watched  his body deform. His hair went gray white, his face went pale, his lips and finger nails turned charcoal black then,  his skin sagged as if his body was a compressed balloon. This was the case because, his soul was extracted out from his body and was swimming it way in the air into Rebecca’s mouth.

“What better satisfaction is there than that of a curator's soul?” she flung his dried, weightless body at the feet of Sarah.

“You will die for this.” Sarah managed to say, fighting the urge to morn her cohort.

“After you I guess.” Rebecca gave out a loud, evil laughter.

She spread her hands sideways, joined it together and raised the clapped hands to the sky causing striking lightening and a very loud sound of thunder “Agkistrodoncontortrix, creep your way through the earth,” She summoned out from the deep.

Sarah stepped back as red brownish snakes sprung out from the ground and surrounded the defenseless Curators

Sarah and her comrades were still on the fight to protect themselves from the poisonous snakes while Gabriel, Gem and Wayne stood in front of the fiery wall, confused.

“How on earth are we going to pass through this?” Wayne asked staring fixedly at the wall. They had to think of something really fast if not, Julie might never make it out alive.

Gabriel took a step backwards, looked at the both of them and hit his staff once on the floor. They all were teleported  from outside the wall to the inside, close to the bamboo Julie was tied unconscious.

“I can see you are back, Luzmi,” recognizing the familiar powers surrounding Gabriel, Emy had to acknowledge that Luzmi was back. She paraded herself in front of him “And you’ve brought company.”

Gem and Wayne looked behind her and saw Roe and Paul standing as if waiting for her orders.

“Stop this.” Gabriel ordered.

She puffed, shaking her head. She took two steps closer to him and said “Stop what?”

“This ritual or—”

She laughed harder this time “Oh my little light, it’s already begun and daddy is very hungry.” she laughed even more “Ciao, I don’t want to be late for the party.” She snapped her finger and disappeared with her two main body guard behind her .

“Did she mean—?”

“Yes.” Gabriel interrupted Gem “How is she?” He asked after his step mom.

Wayne placed two fingers on her neck “Alive at least.” He replied.

“Take her out of here and hide yourselves till it is safe.” He ordered, quickly, he swirled his fingers around each other and used his magic to create a pinkish, liquid potion. He handed the bottle to Gem  “Use this as your way out.”

“What about you?” Gem asked, concerned.

“This is not your fight,” Gabriel told her furiously as the top of his staff ignited. He stamped it forcefully on the ground and disappeared.

______________________________________

||****||

Words (719)