Chapter Sixteen - Possession

Brand neared closer to the ground as he gently set me down just outside of the town, the ground crunching under his feet as he carefully guided me to mine. My body felt warm and tingly as I was pushed flush up against him and I quickly looked away from his face, jumping out of his grasp as I quickly walked away from him, hopping onto my horse. Brand quietly walked up next to me as he gently placed his hand on my arm, sending a tingle right through my body.

I shivered as he warily tilted his head, a small smile flitting across his lips. His eyes searched my face, scanning for even the slightest clue on what could be whirling around inside my mind, seemingly searching for the same answers I desperately craved.

"I'm glad she is okay Lillian, and I wanted to let you know am so proud of how you handled yourself, especially facing that piece of filth." He said his eyes flashing dangerously as I didn't dare move from under his grasp, the fear of the unknown enveloping me.

"But there is obviously still the question of what really happened out there, what happened with you" he said as I quickly turned my head away from his intense eye contact, my stomach erupting with butterflies as I began to feel sick to my core. I felt my defences slide down as I began to panic and I grit my teeth, clenching my jaw.

"Well I have had enough training; I would be disappointed if I couldn't handle myself and as for the exact events." I paused as I gripped the reins right, a cold rush running through me as the hairs stood up on the back of my neck,

"Ask someone else who was there'' I responded quickly, my walls sliding back down as his face immediately fell and I turned away, pulling the reins around and galloping towards my old house. Brand followed me in silence as I continued to feel a sharp rush of cold running down my back, the butterflies circling faster inside me.

Brand pulled his horse up next to mine as I looked around, the hairs on my arms starting to stand on end. I noticed a flash of white above me as Brand coughed loudly and I jolted back to reality, quickly climbing off starlight and heading straight towards the house.
However, I couldn't deny the pure electricity I felt pulsing throughout my body, it was unlike anything I had ever felt before and I couldn't seem to get any of my thoughts in order, as if something was sending my body completely out of control.

Brand turned his head, raising an eyebrow at me, clearly confused at my hesitation as I saw him prepare to jump off his horse, about to join me.

I held my hands up in the air as he froze, "You seriously do not need to glue yourself to my side, don't worry I'm not escaping now; I just need to grab a few things I couldn't collect last time when I was conveniently knocked out and taken hostage" I said dryly waving my hand,

"Let's not forget who ordered that" I muttered under my breath as he coughed loudly again and I turned away rolling my eyes as I walked inside, taking a deep breath once I had closed the door behind me.

I was glad Bethany was safe, but I was going to be interrogating the fuck out of Hyde when we got back. This whole situation was very weird, it was as if someone was just messing with us at this point.

Seriously, what the fuck were the gods playing about with? Fine whatever, fuck up my life and mate me to a vampire, but Bethany too? Something was very wrong here, and I was beginning to hate every second of it.

Secondly, I wasn't very fucking happy about how much control that man sat outside had over me, over my body, over my god damn mind. I felt like a little human puppet, now under the influence of the big bad vampire, it was disgusting.

I scowled as I stomped up the stairs to my room, it was as if every single part of my body was betraying me, telling me to ruin this man senseless and rip off all his clothes but my mind knew I wanted nothing to do with him. I would never be with him.