Chapter 41

Minato couldn't believe what he just heard. Naruto escaped?! And all he thought to do was leave a message?! He was staring wide-eyed at the guard who was standing in the doorway as he tried to process all of the thoughts that were swirling in his mind. Suddenly a question entered his mind that he had to ask. "Is he still in the village?" He was trying to keep his voice as level as possible so he didn't hint at how worried he was.

"No, Lord Hokage. Reports say that he was seen leaving the village right after escaping, and he was too fast and too strong for anyone to stop him. Please forgive us." The guard swiftly bowed to Minato as he continued to plead for forgiveness.

Minato waved off all of the apologies quickly. "You aren't at fault, I don't blame anyone."

"Th-thank you, Lord Hokage! I assure you we will be more prepared in the future."

"I'm sure you will be." Minato quickly dismissed the guard. He had too many things to think about and once again it was just him and Inoichi left in his office.

"Minato." Inoichi began speaking as soon as the two of them were alone again. "I think Naruto's message to you was about him leaving. I don't think we need to worry. He said he would be back."

Minato sighed loudly as he collapsed back into his chair and rested his head in his hands. "I know that. It's just that...I have a feeling I know where he is going. I just hope he will actually be okay."

"Where do you think he is going to go, Minato?" Inoichi was intrigued at this point.

"I'm almost positive that he is going to go back and fight Madara alone."

Inoichi just laughed slightly at Minato and the worry in his voice. "I know you're worried about him, Minato." He carefully placed a hand on Minato's shoulder as he continued to speak. "But that boy is stronger than we can even comprehend. He will be fine but, if you follow him, he will be worrying about you and won't be able to fight using his full strength. He will be back, I believe in that."

There was a tense silence as Minato thought over Inoichi's words. When Inoichi was about to walk out of the room, Minato finally spoke up. "You're right, Inoichi. And I know that Naruto is strong. For now, we need to put our efforts into finding out what Danzo is up to, and just hope that Naruto gets back soon."

"I'll help however I can." After that Inoichi walked out of the room and closed the door, leaving Minato alone to think over everything that has happened in the last few days.

* * * * * *

Naruto had been running for a while before he finally stopped. He knew that he was quite a ways away from the Leaf Village now, and he took a breath of relief before finding a shady tree to sit under.

"Well that was easier than I thought it was going to be. Though I still think you were holding back a little, Kit." Kurama suddenly spoke in Naruto's mind, laughing a little at their impromptu escape from the prison.

"HAHA! Well I wasn't trying to hurt any of them." Naruto was trying hard not to laugh at Kurama's comment. Though the more he thought back to how everyone had panicked and the look on all of their faces, the less he was able to hold it in. In almost no time at all both him and Kurama were laughing hysterically, unable to stop.

When the laughter had finally died down, Kurama spoke up again, surprising Naruto with the seriousness in his voice. "Kit, why did you decide not to bring anyone with you to help?"

"For one, I am NOT going to put anyone else in danger if I can help it. For two, if I had anyone else with me, I would be too worried about them getting hurt that I would be distracted and I also wouldn't be able to go full out. It'll be better for me to go alone."