Chapter 21

Kakashi and Rin watched as Naruto healed Obito. "You know how to do medical ninjutsu?" Rin spoke up in awe as she watched.

"Oh, well, just a little ya know." Naruto spoke up after taking his hands away from Obito. "Mostly it's because of the state I'm in right now." He was referring to the Six Paths Sage mode he was currently in.

"Well, either way, thank you." Rin had a smile on her face. She was glad to see Obito was alive. "How long until he wakes up?"

"He should be waking up here pretty soon. So don't worry." Naruto gave Rin a huge smile as he glanced over at Kakashi. He could sense that the panic and guilt he was feeling was being replaced with relief and happiness. "It's different when you see a comrade fall isn't it little brother?" Naruto spoke directly to Kakashi.

Kakashi looked up at Naruto and sighed. "Yeah, it is. You were right, Naruto." He let his gaze shift to the side as he spoke.

Naruto let Kakashi dwell in his own thoughts as he turned his attention back to Obito. "Hey, Obito, wake up." He shook Obito slightly by his shoulder. He knew they needed to get out of there. When Obito didn't wake up, Naruto pulled him onto his back to carry him away. "Come on, we have to get out of here." He motioned for Kakashi and Rin to follow him.

When Naruto felt that they were a safe distance away, he finally set Obito down and turned towards Kakashi and Rin. "I'm sorry I didn't get here sooner."

"Don't be sorry. You showed up at the perfect time."

Everyone turned towards the voice that spoke up and saw Obito pushing himself up into a sitting position. Naruto helped him finish sitting up.

"How are you feeling?" Naruto asked Obito.

"I'm fine. My head just hurts a little." Obito was holding his head when he suddenly remembered what had happened and his eyes shot wide open. "Wait! How are Rin and Kakashi!"

Naruto felt Obito's panic rising so he calmly spoke up. "Don't worry Obito, they're both here and both are safe." He held a comforting hand on Obito's shoulder.

"That's really good." Obito finally looked away from Naruto and noticed Rin and Kakashi standing a ways off to the side. Rin had tears in her eyes and was smiling at him, while Kakashi did everything he could to not look at him.

Naruto shook his head at Kakashi's reaction. "They were both very worried about you ya know." Naruto smiled at Kakashi as he received a glare in return.

"Really?" Obito looked at Naruto astonished by what he said before turning back to look at Rin and Kakashi. "Kakashi, you?" He didn't know how to finish his sentence, so he left the unspoken question hanging in the air.

Kakashi stayed silent for a while, not knowing how to answer. It was only when he felt a tear fall from his eye that he began to speak. "Yeah, I was worried." He paused as he wiped his eye, then met Obito's gaze with conviction. "I'm so sorry Obito. I should have listened to you."

"Don't worry Kakashi." Obito smiled at his friend. "I'm just glad we are all here together." Obito looked at everyone until his eye fell on the bandage that Kakashi had around his face, and he brought his hand up to his own eye. "Come to think of it, I never did give you a gift for becoming jonin did I." Kakashi, Naruto and Rin all looked at Obito in surprise as he spoke. "Kakashi. I want to give you my sharingan."

Naruto instantly made eye contact with Obito. "You what?" He never imagined that this would happen by saving Obito. "But Obito, I can heal his eye, it's no problem." Naruto didn't want to admit that he wanted Kakashi to have the sharingan, but he didn't know why Obito would give it to him.