Chapter 23

Minato watched in horror as Naruto jumped in front of him, taking the blow from the scythe-like blade. "Naruto!" Minato yelled as he struggled to get free, but the bindings on him only got tighter the more he fought against them. "Naruto!"

Naruto turned his head slightly towards his dad as he spoke. "D-don't worry Minato." He had a half smile on his face as he tried to reassure him. "I-I'm okay." Naruto had a small trickle of blood falling from the corner of his mouth as he turned towards the leader, who had an ominous smile on his face as he stared at Naruto.

"You think you're okay do you?" The leader spoke with a mocking tone. "Don't tell me you forgot this special weapon already?"

Naruto's eyes widened as he looked closer at the weapon that was currently impaled in him. "H-how?" Before he could say anything else Naruto fell to his knees, his strength and chakra leaving him. "H-how did you g-get this?! Who a-are you?!" The gold glow around him was slowly fading as he spoke.

"Oh you can call me Zankoku, and as for this wonderful blade, our mutual acquaintance gave it to me." There was malice in his voice as he spoke to Naruto. "He told me all about you, Naruto. I must say, I was expecting more from you."

"You bastard!"

"Now, now. There's no need to yell." Zankoku grabbed Naruto's chin as he spoke. "Our friend has a problem with you being here and messing up his plans, so I'm supposed to kill you. But I want to have some fun first." Zankoku motioned for something to be brought up while he was standing in front of Naruto. "I was given this fun tool to use with you, but first we've got to seal up that unpleasant chakra of yours."

Naruto collapsed as Zankoku placed a seal on his forehead. "Kurama!" Naruto's voice was desperate as he felt his connection to Kurama being blocked. No no no no no! Naruto was starting to panic as he lifted his head in time to see a large wooden Y shape coming towards him. He didn't need to look to know that there were chains all around it. He knew it well from his nightmares. "I'm g-gonna send you s-straight to hell!" Naruto was trying to keep his voice steady, but he was getting weaker every second.

"Oh, so you do remember this. That'll make this even more fun."

Minato watched in utter panic as Naruto was chained against an Y-like structure. His wrists and ankles were bound as purple colored chains wrapped around his arms and legs. When he thought it couldn't get any worse, Zankoku pulled the blade from Naruto as another larger purple chain embedded itself in Naruto's chest. "What the hell are you doing?!"

"I'm basically taking all his chakra from him." Zankoku just shrugged at Minato. "While I make him watch." He smiled a sickly smile towards Naruto, which set Minato on edge.

"What do you mean watch?" Minato was keeping a close eye on Naruto as he questioned Zankoku. He noticed that Naruto wasn't moving anymore and he had his head slumped forward. "What is going on?" He had anger in his voice now. He wanted the truth.

"Please don't..." Naruto pleaded with Zankoku as he had tears forming in the corner of his eyes. "Please..."

Zankoku laughed as he watched the supposedly strong boy cry in front of him. "HAHA! You really think I would stop? No. I think everyone deserves to know who you are. And I will make them listen."

Naruto looked up in horror as he heard more and more footsteps coming towards them.

"You see, I knew what your plan was. I had more reinforcements waiting until I got you. They were ready to round up all your so-called friends." Zankoku taunted Naruto as a thousand more Stone shinobi arrived at the area, escorting captured Leaf shinobi.

Minato was shocked to see the tears rolling down Naruto's face. The shaking of his shoulders was another indication that he was crying hard. Naruto... Minato wasn't able to say anything else before Zankoku spoke up again.