Chapter 42

Madara was smiling as he looked at Naruto. "Naruto. It is so good to see you again, my boy." His smile never faded from his face as he spoke to Naruto, with his voice turning to a mocking tone. "Did you come back to help me once again?"

"I came to stop you for good!" As Naruto yelled at Madara, he didn't even try to suppress the rage in his voice. "You destroyed my life! My friends' lives! My family's lives! You destroyed the future for everyone, and I will not let you do that again!"

"Careful Naruto. You need to keep a level head while you're here. You can't lose control of your emotions." Kurama spoke up to Naruto before he could say anything else.

"Yeah I know..."

Madara and Naruto continued to stare each other down, neither one breaking the silence between them. You could easily see the hate in their eyes and you could feel the tension in the air between them.

I can't let him leave this cave alive. He destroyed the future. I cannot let him do that again. I will save everyone. Even if they won't know it. I won't let all the useless fighting continue. Naruto was thinking to himself as he stared at the man in front of him. He knew that no matter what, he would put an end to this here and now.

"Do you really think killing me will end this conflict?" Madara was the first to break the long silence. "If you do, then you are more naive than I thought you were."

"What are you going on about, you bastard?

"I know that you are aware that I am nearly dead already. That is why you chose to come now, and why you didn't mind coming alone."

"Yeah, I know you are nearly dead. And using that genjutsu on me to get me to destroy villages for you definitely sped up that process. But you're wrong about why I came alone. I'm just not going to allow anyone else to get hurt at your expense."

"Oh yes, the ever noble Naruto. Always looking out for his comrades. It's going to get you killed one day."

"Perhaps, but it's not going to be today, and you won't be around to see if it happens or not. Wind style, Rasenshuriken!" Without any warning Naruto threw his jutsu towards the statue that is keeping Madara alive.

When the blast was over Naruto was pleased to see that Madara was lying on the ground, barely conscious. Cautiously, Naruto started making his way over to the other side of the room to make sure it was over.

"Make sure you are careful, Naruto. Don't let your guard down."

"I know, Kura. I'm not that stupid."

"HA! I wouldn't put it past you, Naruto. You are too naive sometimes."

"Oh shut up!"

As Naruto got closer he could hear faint laughter coming from Madara. "What are you laughing about, Madara?"

Madara's voice was becoming raspier as he began to speak, but you could still hear the amusement in his voice. "I asked you this earlier; you really think killing me will end all of this conflict?"

"Then tell me what the hell you mean!"

"Being the meddlesome brat you are, you did indeed take Obito away from me, so I couldn't use him for my plans. So I just gathered other pawns to take his place."

"You gonna tell me who it is?! Or are you just going to dance around it like you always do."

"No, I won't tell you. Knowing that you are now going to be running around suspicious of every person you meet brings me great pleasure. And even if I did want to tell you, it wouldn't make any difference, things are already underway and you won't be able to stop it."