Chapter 14

Minato didn't even wait for his students before he was on his feet and running as fast as he could towards where he could sense the chakra coming from. "Please be okay, Naruto!"

When Minato finally arrived at the spot in the woods, what he saw made his eyes widen and his jaw drop. Naruto was hunched over on the ground and Minato could tell that he was having a hard time breathing. The air was swirling around him at extreme speed, gold chakra was tracing a circle in the ground around him and rising towards the sky. This amount of chakra is unheard of! And it's gold! Minato was awestruck. No wonder he said he normally suppresses it. This is intense, even for me... And I'm married to Kushina.

As Minato was watching Naruto, trying to figure out how to reach him, he suddenly felt more unknown chakra signatures making their way towards them. He could tell that there were at least twelve of them. This is not good. Minato was only able to get a couple steps closer to Naruto when the others showed up.

"What are you Leaf brats doing here?" The man that spoke was a large, muscular man. He had large weights around each wrist and a lightning tattoo on his right bicep.

"Judging by your appearance, you must be the cloud shinobi known as A. Am I wrong?" Minato spoke directly to the man, all the while inching closer towards Naruto.

"It seems you know who I am. That makes little difference, since we are going to kill you now." A spoke to the other shinobi around him, though almost all of them were looking at Minato in horror.

"Sir, that's the Yellow Flash of the Leaf! We have been given orders to flee on sight if we encounter him." One brave ninja spoke up from the group, earning a cold glare from A.

"I don't care who he is, there are twelve of us and only one of them is in fighting condition. The other was lucky enough to get caught in our trap." A was casting a devilish smile towards the young boy who was on the ground.

"What did you do to Naruto?" Minato was more worried about his companion than anything else.

"We made a trap in the woods here that anyone who entered with a strong enough chakra would be stuck in a genjutsu, he is probably living in his worst nightmare right about now."

"What?!" Minato was terrified at the news. No no no no! His worst nightmare could be something really bad! Minato pulled out his flying raijin kunai to get ready to teleport to Naruto's side, but in just the blink of an eye, he found himself face to face with A. He's fast! Minato barely managed to dodge the attack in time, but it took him farther from Naruto. "Naruto! Wake up!" He knew it probably wouldn't work, but he had to try. It was the only option left.

A was laughing maniacally now. "You can't wake him up. This was a trap designed to be unbreakable."

Naruto could barely hear his name being called over the beating of his own heart. Who was that? The voice sounded familiar but he couldn't think hard enough to place who it belonged to. Naruto was staring at a scene he never wanted to see again. "NO!" He yelled as loud as he could, but no one could hear him.

He was in the war again. He was watching as his friends fell one after the other. He was paralyzed with fear. He couldn't stop shaking and tears fell uncontrollably from his eyes. He watched when Madara chained him up to watch as he tortured those he loved right in front of him just for the sick pleasure of it. "No stop! Please!" He felt like a child who needed saving.

"...to..."

Naruto turned to a new sound.

"...ar...to..."

What is it saying? He thought to himself.

"NARUTO!!!"

"Dad." Like a spell had been lifted off of him Naruto's eyes flung open. His chakra was spinning out of control, but more importantly he could feel the chakra of twelve enemy shinobi and his dad's chakra among them. "Dad..." He quietly whispered this to himself as he stood up. He was angry now, more angry than he had felt in a while. What he heard next made him snap.