Chapter 10

The four members of Team Minato were all walking together towards the training grounds in the morning. It had become their usual routine so that they could make sure Obito wasn't always late.

"So what are we going to be training on today, sensei?" Kakashi asked, breaking the comfortable silence they had been in. He didn't care much about having to walk with all of them, but he did care a lot about his training and getting stronger.

"Is training all you think about Kakashi?!" Obito yelled, frustrated that Kakashi was always so stubborn and strict.

"Maybe you should think more about it, Obito. You wouldn't be so useless if you trained more."

"Kakashi! You stupid piece of--" Obito was suddenly cut off by Minato.

"That's enough you two! You need to start working together." Minato spared a glance at Rin as he was lecturing the boys about being teammates. She was looking at the ground with a sad look in her eyes. He knew that she didn't like it when they argued. Suddenly he noticed a faint presence near the training grounds that they were headed towards. He recognized the chakra as Naruto's. "Well it looks like we are going to have some company today."

"What? What do you mean sensei?" Obito was so confused at what was going on.

"Just what I said. It looks like our new team member decided to join us this morning." Minato noted how Rin visibly brightened at the new information.

"Really? That's great! Let's get going then!" Rin was already dashing off towards the training grounds before she had even finished talking, dragging a confused Obito and a very irritated Kakashi behind her.

Minato watched in amusement as his students ran towards where they would be training. I wonder how Naruto is doing. I haven't seen him since we had ramen, but his chakra felt weird. As Minato arrived at the training grounds he noticed how Rin, Kakashi and Obito were all standing and staring at a lone figure sitting under a tree with amusement in their eyes.

"He looks like a garden statue." Rin said, smiling. Obito silently nodded his agreement.

"He looks stupid." Kakashi said blatantly.

They were all looking at Naruto, who looked like a statue because he was sitting so still. Though what made it so amusing was that he was covered in all different types of birds and surrounded by rabbits, deer and other forest animals. It was like they thought he was a part of nature just like them. Minato smiled at the scene before getting everyone's attention.

"Hello, Naruto. It's good to see you again."

Naruto opened his eyes when he heard his name being called, only to be met with the amused faces of his new teammates. Though when he looked at Kakashi his mind went back to his nightmare and he let his eyes drop sadly at the memory before remembering where he was. "Yeah! It's good to finally be out of that stuffy hospital room!" He spoke with a big grin to bring attention away from his dark memories.

Minato noticed Naruto's eyes drop as he looked at Kakashi, and he got this distant look in his eyes as if he was thinking about something sad. But just as quickly as it appeared, it was gone and was replaced with a smile. What was that look about? Minato thought to himself. "Naruto, you aren't wearing your jonin vest. You were wearing it when we found you."

"Oh yeah, well it's a little stuffy looking, ya know! So I don't like wearing it very much." Naruto just shrugged the question off. Plus I don't really like the color green... Naruto smiled to himself as he faced his dad again. "So what are we training on today?" Naruto asked excitedly.

"That is what I am deciding. I would like to see your sparring skills Naruto, that way I can decide the most appropriate course of action for us." Minato wanted to see how strong Naruto really was. Obviously he had experience fighting, so he wanted to know just how skilled he actually was.