Chapter 25

Where am I? Naruto found himself walking through a black mist. The mist seemed to be flowing towards a point away from Naruto. Guess I should follow it. Naruto continued to follow the flow of the mist as it led him towards what looked like a large window. Woah, I've never seen this before. What is it? No sooner had he thought this, that images started to fill up the window.

Naruto looked on as he saw himself helping villages find provisions, helping people rebuild houses and plant crops, he was asking villagers about the war and keeping an eye on enemy territory. Oh I get it. These are the memories of the clones that I sent out. I never actually went through them because of the mission at Kannabi Bridge. Which means I'm unconscious right now. Great...

Naruto continued to watch the memories unfold. None of them were super important until one specific one caught his eye. That's Nagato. It was the memory of when his shadow clone met up with Nagato, Yahiko and Konan, and they all took down Hanzo together.

* * * * * *

He had just entered the land where the Village Hidden in the Rain was located. He knew he had to hurry in order to find Hanzo before anything bad happened. Alright, I know Hanzo is super paranoid, so this is going to be difficult. Naruto was so distracted thinking up his next move that he didn't notice the people surrounding him.

"Who are you?" An orange haired man with gold eyes walked to the front of the group, he was followed by another man with red hair who had purple eyes with a ripple pattern and a woman with purple hair who also had golden eyes. They were all wearing the same black cloak with red lining.

No way! This is Yahiko, Nagato and Konan! Naruto was staring at the three in front of him.

"Hey, answer us, or you'll be sorry." The orange-haired man that Naruto assumed was Yahiko spoke up when didn't answer them.

"Oh, I'm, uh..." Naruto wasn't exactly sure what to say.

"Speak up now, or we'll be forced to use strength." The purple-haired girl, Konan as Naruto knew her, was the next one to speak up.

"I'm Naruto." He decided it was best to be as upfront with them as possible. He especially didn't want to get on Nagato's bad side. "I'm from the Leaf Village, and I'm here to track down Hanzo."

Yahiko looked at Nagato and Konan before turning back to Naruto. "Why are you here for Hanzo?"

Naruto took a deep breath before continuing. "I know Hanzo is the leader of your village, but I also know that he is corrupt and is hurting the village rather than helping it."

The three shinobi continued to look at Naruto while he was explaining. They didn't trust him, or his information.

"Look, I came here to deal with Hanzo before he can hurt anyone." Naruto stared resolutely at the three of them. "I know you don't trust me right now. But I promise, I just want to help your village finally find peace. That's all I care about."

They weren't totally satisfied, but if this boy was willing to help them bring peace, then they weren't going to send him away. They knew that they needed all the help they could get, especially against Hanzo of the Salamander.

"Alright. But you stay with us alright. We don't need you going off on your own and doing anything fishy." Yahiko spoke once more to Naruto.

"No problem!" Naruto gave the group a huge smile and thumbs up. At least now I'll be able to keep them safe while also getting info on where Hanzo is. This kills two birds with one stone.

Naruto followed the group as they made their way back to their hideout, taking in the sights around him. I know that I never knew them for that long, and I didn't know Yahiko at all, but I want to make their lives better. They should never have had to deal with the pain that they did. While thinking this, Naruto ran up and put his arms around Yahiko and Nagato. "We are going to be great friends ya know!" He had a huge smile on his face.