Chapter 30

Minato and Naruto finally made it back to Minato's home, ready to continue working, but when they opened the door and walked in they both realized they were in big trouble.

Kushina was standing just inside the doorway, her hair was floating all around her, and the glare she was giving them could kill even the toughest of shinobi. "You two made a huge mess ya know!"

"Ah, Kushina, it's not what you think. We were just taking a break from working all day." Minato was waving his arms in front of him, trying to calm Kushina down.

"That doesn't make it okay to leave a mess all over the house ya know!" Kushina turned to Naruto, who was trying to slowly walk back out of the house. "And don't think you can sneak away from me young man. Just because I'm glad you and Minato are working together, doesn't mean I'm going to let you get away with it."

Naruto was sweating as he looked at his mom. Oh man... she's scarier than Sakura...

"Now, you two are going to clean this mess up right? RIGHT?!"

"YES!" Both Minato and Naruto yelled at the same time, with scared looks on their faces.

Naruto and Minato spent the next hour cleaning up all of the maps they had laid out everywhere, rolling up all the scrolls, and organizing as much as they could to make it easier to find things later on.

"Oh man, I didn't know she was that scary." Naruto spoke up as they were finishing the cleaning.

"Yeah, she doesn't like the house being dirty."

Naruto had an amused smile on his face. "She would not like my apartment then. It's a mess." After picking up the last couple of scrolls and putting them in his bag, Naruto turned back to Minato. "Well, I should probably get going for the day. I'll come back tomorrow, yeah?"

"That sounds good." Minato had a smile on his face as he watched Naruto walk to the door.

Before Naruto left he turned back towards Minato. "Thanks for today, dad. It was nice talking to you about everything." He walked out without waiting for a reply.

Minato was staring in awe at the doorway. Naruto was already gone, but he still couldn't bring himself to move. "I'll see you tomorrow, Naruto." After giving one more small smile, Minato finally turned around and walked back towards his room, ready for some much needed rest.

Naruto continued to go to Minato's whenever they had a free day, and together they would narrow down the areas that Madara could be hiding. They even remembered to clean up whenever they left because they didn't want another incident of Kushina finding out and getting mad at them again.

Kushina came home one night and found Naruto and Minato passed out across the table, they each had empty cups of ramen next to them and it seemed like they had been working there all day. Such troublesome men, ya know. Kushina laughed to herself as she carefully picked up the garbage, and neatly stacked the pages in the center of the table. They will definitely regret falling asleep there in the morning. She draped a blanket over each of them before going to sleep herself.

"Ugh... What time is it?" Naruto woke up with an ache in his neck. As he was rubbing away the ache, trying to orient himself to his surroundings, he heard his dad speak up from behind him.

"It's about six in the morning. We fell asleep at the table last night while working."

"Yeah, my neck is feeling that. But how did I get a blanket?"

Minato laughed as Naruto grimaced while rubbing his neck. "Me too. It seems Kushina cleaned up everything when she got home, and put a blanket over both of us before she went to bed."