Chapter 48

Minato and Naruto were sitting together at Ichiraku's after working all day. It was a normal routine for them now when Naruto wasn't on missions with his new team. They had gotten closer over the last few months, and enjoyed talking together about anything. Today they were waiting for an extra person to join them. "What do you think she wanted to talk to us about that was so important?" Naruto spoke with curiosity in his voice.

"No idea. Maybe she is just mad that we keep eating ramen without her." As Minato spoke, both of their thoughts went to an angry Kushina beating the both of them up for not eating with her and they both shuddered.

"Oh man... I hope not. She's freakin' scary, ya know!"

"Heh, you got that right."

Just as the two were about to run away from fright, the upbeat redhead showed up behind them blocking them from any possible escape. "Now, what were you boys talking about?"

"Uh..." Both Minato and Naruto turned to look at Kushina, seeing a creepy grin on her face. "N-nothing!"

"Really?" Kushina got closer to the two boys, smiling brightly in their faces. "It looked like you two were about to run off, ya know." Neither one could talk, knowing all too well how scary Kushina could be. All they could do was smile and deny any thought of running. Satisfied, she gave a bright joyous smile before sitting next to Minato facing both of them.

Both men sat anxiously, waiting for what Kushina had to tell them. Basically on the edges of their seats, neither one could wait much longer to find out what it was. Minato was the first one to speak up. "So dear, what did you need to tell us? You said it was important."

Kushina couldn't hide her emotions anymore as pure joy lit up her face, her eyes sparkling with excitement. "Okay, okay, here it goes! I'M PREGNANT, YA KNOW!!"

At her outburst, both Minato and Naruto were wide-eyed and speechless. Neither one knew what to say.

"HAHAHA!! This scene is utterly priceless! HAHAHA!" Kurama was rolling around, laughing harder than he ever had before, not able to get enough of Naruto and Minato's faces. "I wish - haha - that I could get a picture - haha - of your faces!"

"S-stupid Kurama! Stop laughing!" Naruto was bright red as he watched Kurama laugh. "Ugh...w-whatever, laugh it up while you can!"

"Are you so surprised you can't speak?" Kushina was trying to hold in her laughter as she looked at the two men in front of her. "I mean...I didn't think it would surprise you th–"

"I am so happy Kushina!" Minato jumped in before she could say anything else. He didn't need it to get any more awkward. "I was a little surprised, but it's a wonderful surprise!"

"Oh good! I'm glad to hear that, ya know!"

"U-uhm, c-congrats you guys, I'm happy for you!" Naruto was bright red from embarrassment as he stared at his parents gushing over his mom being pregnant. Oh man...how did I get myself into this situation again? This is beyond awkward. I didn't need that image in my head, mom... Naruto was brought out of his thoughts by a bright red blur plowing into him.

"Thanks, Naruto! That means a lot, ya know!" Kushina gave Naruto a big hug before releasing him and going back over to Minato. "Well, that's all I wanted to say! I've gotta go tell Mikoto now, okay? Have fun you two!" Just as quickly as she appeared, Kushina was now gone, happily making her way to tell her friend the good news.

"Man...I knew it would happen, but that was beyond awkward. I didn't need to be here for that, ya know." Naruto sighed as he let himself relax in his seat. "And stupid Kurama is still laughing his tails off about it."