Chapter 26

"Hey Gramps!" Naruto greeted the Hokage as he stepped into his office. He knew he had a lot to talk to him about, and he needed his permission for what he wanted to do next.

"Ah, Naruto. What can I do for you?" The Hokage looked up at Naruto as he walked in.

"Gramps, I need your permission for a mission." Naruto began speaking. "I would like to go and bring Lord Orochimaru into custody."

The Hokage remembered when they had searched through Naruto's memories, and how much damage Orochimaru had done in the future. "I would have assumed you would want to kill him." He was genuinely interested in what Naruto would say.

"Well, I would have said yes before, but he did eventually turn back to our side, so I don't really have any hateful feelings towards him anymore. I just want to make sure he doesn't hurt anyone again."

The Hokage smiled at Naruto's determination. "You are a wonderful young man, Naruto. You have my permission to go."

"Thank you Gramps." Naruto smiled at the Hokage as he spoke. "But please, don't tell my dad anything."

"I won't tell him anything, but Naruto, you know you will have to tell him at some point. You telling him now is better than him finding out by himself."

Naruto dropped his eyes as he listened to the Hokage speak. "I know Gramps... I will, I promise. I just need more time."

The Hokage looked at Naruto with a knowing smile. "Then go before it's too late. I'm sure Minato will come here looking for you soon."

Naruto gave one last nod to the Hokage before he disappeared out the window. Alright I know that Orochimaru has a lab somewhere near the village. Now I just need to find it. Naruto made his way just outside of the village borders before stopping. He knew of a couple of his hideouts already. I guess I can start by searching those places first.

Naruto was slowly making his way through the forest, carefully concealing his chakra so that Orochimaru wouldn't sense it. This was the third hideout that he had been to, and he was sure this was the right one.

Man... why didn't I just ask Pervy Sage where he was ya know? It would've been so much easier. Naruto was thinking this to himself as he finally reached the entrance to the hideout. Naruto made his way inside, watching out for any traps that there may be. It took him quite a while to make his way through the many hallways of the hideout.

As Naruto got closer to the last room he could hear Orochimaru's disturbing voice. His voice is still just as creepy as ever. Naruto couldn't help but think this as he listened to Orochimaru talk. He could hear him talking about his experiments and the first Hokage, creating someone who could use Lord Hashirama's cells. That sounds like Yamato. He then heard something else that made his blood boil.

"I suppose Danzo is going to become rather troublesome. I need to have some good results for him when he comes back, otherwise he may tell the Third Hokage what I have been up to."

Naruto could tell he was talking to himself as he spoke. So he's already helping Danzo?! Naruto could barely contain the anger he was feeling. I knew Danzo was a slimy bastard, but I didn't know it went back this far.

When Naruto had heard enough, he snuck his way into the room behind Orochimaru, who seemed to be mixing chemicals at an operating table. "Now what is one of the Legendary Sannin doing here ya know?"

Orochimaru jumped as he heard the voice behind him. He turned to see a young teenage boy with an idiotic grin on his face. "Why, this is a surprise. I wasn't aware that anyone knew where I was."