Chapter 24 (Year 4)

River's POV

"Do you guys know why we need dress robes this year?" I asked Daphne and Pansy sitting down in the compartment.

"Not sure, Dad wouldn't say, have you picked yours out?" Daphne asked,

"Yes I have, they are beautiful, I can't wait to see what we need them for." I said, smiling as I looked out the window. 

The compartment door opened, Draco, Crabbe, and Goyle came walking. Draco sat down next to me, as Crabbe and Goyle, who had probably grown a foot over the summer, sat down next to him, squashing us together.

"They couldn't have sat somewhere else," I whispered into his ear. He forced or tried a shrug.

"They can't help it, they have to follow me," He whispered to me, I rolled my eyes and suppressed a shudder, as his breath tickled my neck.

"What are you two whispering about over there!" Blaise yelled,

"Nothing Blaise, it's none of your concern," I said. He glared at me and then Draco.

"I'm innocent," Draco said, smiling, cheekily at Blaise.

"So, do you guys know why we need dress robes?" Theo asked, changing the subject quickly, as Blaise was about to yell.

"You guys haven't heard? Really? I just teased Potter about not knowing why," Draco said,

"Well, what is it?" Daphne asked, impatiently.

"The Triwizard Tournament,"

"What is that?" I asked, confused.

"It's where three wizards from different schools, come to compete in three different tasks, to win money and fame." He explained.

"My father told me about it, the Ministry is going crazy over it," Draco said.

"Oh, that seems, fun I guess," Pansy shrugged, uninterested.

"It could be, but people die apparently," Draco said.

"Anyone want to enter?" Theo asked, amused. 

"Definitely not," I said,

"Why would I need any more money or fame," Draco joked. 

"I mean, maybe if your Potter, or a muggle born," Draco laughed, I stayed quiet.

"Well, I am a Potter, maybe I'll be in the tournament," I joked, they laughed.

"No way, that would never happen. They have an age restriction this year, only 17 or older can join." Draco said,

"Oh, well," I said smiling.

---

"What the hell is all that screaming about?" Draco asked, as we stepped out of the carriage.

"Look, Peeves is soaking people in water balloons," Pansy laughed.

"Don't worry, Pansy-pie! I have one for you too!" Peeves yelled, throwing one at her. It popped right on her head.

"Peeves! I will kill you!" She screamed. 

"Well, he's a ghost, you can't actually kill him, nice try though," Luna Lovegood said, appearing out of nowhere.

"Luna!" Pansy said, pushing the water out of her face and smiling.

"Hello, Pansy, you look very pretty with your hair wet, you should do it like that more often," She said, Pansy smile grew.

"Yeah, maybe," Blaise who just stepped out of the room, stared at Luna.

"Hello, Luna," He said, smiling, she turned around and smiled dreamily at him.