Chapter 30 (Year 4)

River's POV

"Have you read this article?" Daphne asked, placing the newspaper down in front of me as I looked up from my breakfast plate.

"No, I haven't, why?" I said, confused, as I noticed Draco entered the great hall, with a smirk and another newspaper in hand.

"Well, it's very interesting." She smirked.

"Are you guys talking about the article?" Draco asked, sitting across from me.

"Yes, we are,"

"Does Potter really still cry about the loss of his parents?" Draco asked, I looked at him confused,

"What? What are you talking about," I said, picking up the paper Daphne had given m. Skimming it, there was nothing about the other Champion's, just talking about me and Potter.

"I suppose we get our strength from our parents. I know they'd be very proud of us if they could see us now.... Yes, sometimes at night I still cry about them, I'm not ashamed to admit it.... I know nothing will hurt us during the tournament, because they're watching over us... "As he held hands with his sister, both of which were tearing up at the mention of their poor dead family. Colin Creevey, a friend of the two, says that Harry Potter is never seen without Hermione Granger, a stunningly pretty Muggle-born, who is top of the class like he is. River Potter is also never seen without three boys, Blaise Zabini, her adoptive brother, Theodore Nott, her closet friend, and Draco Malfoy, her boyfriend.

I started chocking on my pumpkin juice, almost spiting it out on the newspaper.

"What?" I yelled, surprised and shocked, once I was able to swallow the drink. 

"Oh, so you got to that part," Daphne said.

"Yes, I got to that part, Daphne! Who does this woman think she is," I said,

"Well, it's not that bad," Draco said, smiling, I rolled my eyes.

"Crying over my dead parents? Held hands with my brother? You're my boyfriend, if she wanted to know that she could have just asked me!" I yelled,

"Was Potter really crying?" He asked.

"Draco!"

"I will take that as a yes," he said, before standing up and running to Crabbe and Goyle.

---

"Hey, Snape, you wanted to see me?" I ask, entering his office. He sat behind his desk, scribbling something on a student's homework. 

"Yes, close the door," he said, quietly, I closed the door behind me and sat down on the desk closest to his. 

"So, what's up?" I asked,

"The first task," he said, putting his quill down, and looking up at me.

"Yeah, it's in a couple days why?" I asked,

"Do you have a plan?" He asked.

"No, well I don't know what to expect so I don't know what do exactly," I said, shrugging.

"Well, good thing I know exactly what the first task will be," he grinned.

"And what will it be then?"

"Dragons," he said, my smile fell.

"I have to face dragons?" I said, my nerves starting to kick in. 

"Yes,"

"And how the hell am I supposed to do that!" I yelled. 

"Don't be so stupid, I will help you come up with something," he said.