Chapter 34 (Yule Ball)

River's POV

The Yule ball had finally arrived, the girls and I got ready in my room. My dress was a long off the shoulder silver dress. That had a vine design from top to the bottom.  

"Are you done?" Pansy asked, as she stood by the door, slipping her shoes on

"Yeah, I'm finished," I said, giving up on the last strand of hair I tried to fix. We both turned to look at Daphne, who was still applying her makeup.

"Daphne hurry, please,"

"I'm done, I'm done," Daphne said, setting her brush down and examining herself in the mirror.

"Pansy did you ever find a date?" I asked, she shook her head. 

"No, I don't mind, I'll just hang out with you six,"

"Okay. Daphne, let's go!" I hissed, she was still bare foot, and we were running late already.

"Alright!"

---

We walked down to the common room where Theo was fussing with his tie, and Blaise swatting his hand away to fix it. 

"Looks like someone is nervous, Daphne," I said. She grinned turning red. As we got to the bottom step. Draco stood in elegant black robes, with his hair pushed neatly to the side.

"You look beautiful," Draco said, I felt my cheeks heating up. 

"Thank you, you look good too,"

"Of course I do," He smirked, making me giggle, we both could feel Blaise glaring at us. 

"Blaise," Pansy warned, he rubbed his ear. 

"Shall we go?" Draco asked, offering me his arm. 

"What did you three do to Blaise? He seems terrified," I asked.

"Don't ask, Theo was almost drowned in the lake," Draco whispered.

"He really has a problem with the lake, doesn't he?"

---

"Champions over here, please!" Professor McGonagall called, Draco and I walked over to her. Fleur was with Roger Davis, to our surprise, Cedric, like he said, was with Cho Chang. Potter was with Parvati Patil, and Krum was with... Hermione Granger?

"Okay, champions, everyone will get in line with your dates, and on cue you can all walk in." She said, we moved into position from Krum and Hermione first to me and Draco being last. We could hear the music start playing, as we entered.  

We got into the middle of the room, Draco put his hand on my waist, as I put my hand on his shoulder, lacing our fingers together, dancing together with the other champions.

"I thought I would have to go alone," Draco whispered.

"I thought I was going to force Pansy to come dance with me,"