Chapter 47 (Year 5)

River's POV

"MASS BREAKOUT FROM AZKABAN MINISTRY FEARS BLACK IS "RALLYING POINT" FOR OLD DEATH EATERS" Pansy read, as we sat in the great hall. She looked up at me, folding the paper and placing it on the bench. 

"Remember when he tried to kill you in third year?" Pansy said, Draco started coughing on his drink.

"Yeah, he wants to kill someone else, though, right now," I said, glaring at Draco. They looked at me confused.

"Oh, well, I mean Harry Potter because, you know, he freed everyone from Azkaban," I said, laughing. 

"Oh, that makes sense," Theo said. Draco started coughing again.

"Draco, I will kill you," I whispered.

"I haven't done a single thing," He whispered back. I glared at him as he looked at his food innocently.

---

"So Pansy," I said, sitting down in front of her in the common room. 

"Yeah?" She said, putting her textbook down. 

"Do you know that Valentines is coming up?" 

"Yes, why?"

"Because your still single, so do you want to go to the library to look again?" I asked.

"No,"

"Well, Ginny Weasley was a very nice option,"

"She's also in love with your brother." Pansy pointed out.

"She's in love with Blaise?" I asked. She rolled her eyes. 

"She's in love with Harry Potter, you idiot!"

"Oh yeah, I forgot about him." She shook her head at me and looked back down at her book.

"So, no library?"

"Go away, River,"

"Ugh! I will get you a girlfriend one day, Pansy!"

"I am fine being single,"

---

I knocked on Snape's office door. Today was my turn for career advice. I had a hint of what I wanted to do, but I still wasn't sure.

"Come in!" Snape hissed, wondering why he was so angry. I turned the doorknob, getting a full face of Umbridge and Snape with ten quills on the side of his desk that were snapped in half.

"Sit down, Ms. Potter," He said, gesturing with his quill at the empty seat in front of his desk.

"So, do you have any idea on what you want to do in the future?" He asked, as I sat down. 

"Well, I was interested in being a Hogwarts Professor," I said.

"Was?" He asked. I glanced at Umbridge, and he chuckled.

"Understandable,"

"What is so understandable?" Professor Umbridge asked, Snape smirked,

"Oh, nothing, just a family thing," he said.

"Well, alright, what other options do you have?"

"Well, I am interested in being an Auror," I answered.

"Oh, that's quiet dangerous, though," He said. I shook my head at him.

"That's the point,"

"Well, maybe we should reconsider the professor's job, it's much nicer," He said.

"Snape, I'm just considering it, it's ether this or that," I said.

"Hem, hem," Professor Umbridge said,

"Yes?" We both said. She forced a smile on and tilted her head at us.

"Well, your professor seems to be to consider on what you do," She said. Snape rolled his eyes and shook his head.

"Yeah, because she's my God daughter," He said. Professor Umbridge went a little red.

"Oh, yes, understandable," She said,

"Alright, if your set on being an auror or a professor!" He said, emphasizing on the last part. I shook my head at him, as he shrugged.

"You will need to take Charms, Defense Against the dark arts, Herbology, Potions, and Transfiguration, you seem to be doing quiet well in all of them expect Herbology, "I rolled my eyes.

"But I don't understand why I need to take it!"

"Well, you can take a different class if you don't want to take Herbology, they require at least five, so Astronomy?" He said, I shrugged,

"Yeah, I can do that." I said.

"Any electives? There's a Muggle study, Muggle Music, Muggle Art, Muggle Theory-"

"I'll just take Muggle Music," I said, cutting him off. 

"Perfect," Snape wrote it down quickly,

"You may leave," he said. I nodded, standing up and walking out the room, shutting the door behind me. 

As I walked out of the dungeons and to the top floors, I heard a loud bang. Everyone started screaming, Filch started running past me, whispering something about whipping approval sheet.

"What's going on?" I asked a Ravenclaw student walking past me.

"Weasley twins turned the hall into a swamp," she said. I raised my eyebrows surprised. 

"Oh, alright," I said, rushing to see the mess. Umbridge, who I was surprised to see beat me here, stood glaring at the Weasley twins who had smug smiles on their faces, with the Inquisitorial Squad behind them. Draco waved me over. I snuck over to them as Umbridge was finally able to compose herself again.

"So... you think it amusing to turn a school corridor into a swamp, do you?" She yelled. 

"Pretty amusing, yeah," Fred Weasley said. Filch ran over to Umbridge, with happy tears in his eyes, threating to spill out.

"I've got the form, Headmistress, I've got the form and I've got the whips waiting.... Oh, let me do it now...." He begged. 

"Very good, Argus. You two are about to learn what happens to wrongdoers in my school." She said, glaring at them.

"You know what? I don't think we are," Fred smirked. 

"George, I think we've outgrown full-time education."

"Yeah, I've been feeling that way myself," George said, speaking for the first time,

"Time to test our talents in the real world, d'you reckon?" Fred asked. George nodded.

"Definitely,"

"Accio Brooms!" They both yelled, raising their wands in the air. There was a loud bang sound, and then two brooms came flying over to them. One still had a heavy chain trailing behind it.

"We won't be seeing you," Fred told a red faced Umbridge,

"Yeah, don't bother keeping in touch, " George said while Fred looked at the silent crowd of students and teachers.

"If anyone fancies buying a Portable Swamp, as demonstrated upstairs, come to number ninety-three, Diagon Alley — Weasleys' Wizarding Wheezes. Our new premises!"

"Special discounts to Hogwarts students who swear they're going to use our products to get rid of this old bat!" George pointed at Umbridge, I couldn't help but start giggling, George smiled at me, winking as Umbridge started screaming.

"STOP THEM!" She yelled, the rest of Umbridge's squads starts closing in on them, Fred looked up at Peeves who had been watching the scene in awe.

"Give them hell, Peeves!" Peeves took off his hat, saluting them as they started flying through the doors, with people cheering after them.

"NO!" Umbridge yelled, as Filch looked devastated.

"So close," He whispered to himself, shaking his head.