Chapter 39 (Summer)

River's POV

The summer had flown by, with so much on my mind, the fear of becoming a death eater grew every day. The eagle owl knocked on my window with his beak. I opened the window, letting it fly in and land on my desk. It stuck out its leg, I untied the letter quickly, my fingers shaking. I knew it was from Mr. Malfoy, Draco doesn't send letters this early in the day. 

Dear River,

The dark lord hasn't asked for you yet. You aren't needed at the moment; I do not know when you will be. It may be a week, or a year. Since you can't leave Hogwarts, and Voldemort is entering the Potter boy's mind, then he has no use for you at the moment.

Lucius Malfoy.

I breathed out, relived hugging the letter to my chest before taking out a small shoe box under my bed, I placed the letter in there before pushing it back under my bed. The eagle flew out of my room. I walked up to the window, shutting it behind the eagle. 

"River! Let's go!" Blaise called from downstairs. 

"Is Draco here yet?" I yelled back,

"So, you're not just going to come down if I ask you?"

"Blaise shut up!" I yelled, as I heard my door open. I turned around peeling my eyes away from the window where I had been watching the eagle flying away. Draco stood there, his hands still on the doorknob.

"You took forever," I said, walking across the room and throwing my arms around him.

"I was here, yesterday," he said, kissing the top of my head.

"Let's go were going to be late to the station," I said, shaking my head, ignoring him comment. 

---

Draco and I sat in the compartment, waiting for the others. Blaise had gone to find Luna, who was supposed to sit with us. 

"What is taking so long?" I asked.

"Do we really need to have him here?" Draco grinned, an evil twinkle in his eyes. 

"No," I giggled, as he started leaning in. He pressed his lips against mine, putting his hand on my back to pull me closer. I put my hand on his cheek, as he ran a hand through my ginger hair. 

"Luna wants to sit with- ah!" He yelled, as I pulled away from Draco. Blaise covered his eyes.

"This is a public area!" 

"And you disturbed us," Draco yelled.

"Blaise you act like you haven't seen this before," 

"Anyway!" He yelled, sitting down in front of us.

"Luna's making more friends, I mean it's with the Gryffindor's," he said, rolling his eyes.

"But it's okay, if she likes it." He shrugged as the door opened again, and Daphne, Pansy, and Theo walked in. 

"How was your summer?" I asked, as they sat down.

"It was fine, Theo spent the entire summer convincing my dad to let him join our trip," Daphne said.

"And did he?" I asked.

"No," Theo said, rolling his eyes.

"What did you expect?" 

"He let Pansy! That's not fair,"

"He's not going to let my boyfriend," She rolled her eyes as Theo pouted, putting his head on her shoulder.

"At least you have a girlfriend," Pansy said, looking out the window.

"Do you still fancy Luna," I whispered to her, she nodded.