Chapter 27 (Year 4)

River's POV

"Has anyone entered yet?" I asked Daphne as we entered the common room together later that week, after the schools had arrived. 

"I think Warrington did," she said, as she scanned for a table or couch, we could sit at. 

"But he's a complete idiot," I said, shaking my head.

"Well, I don't know who else, you know the goblet won't pick a Slytherin, they hate us too much for that," Daphne said, shurgging.

"Well, you never know, I bet it's going to be a Gryffindor they get everything,"

"Yeah, that's true," She shrugged as we finally managed to find a table and sat down. 

"Have you seen Pansy? Or Draco?" I asked avoiding eye contact with Daphne, trying to ignore the jealousy that was brewing inside my head. 

"I think they were in the library,"

"We were just in the library; how did we not see them?" I asked, she shrugged,

"They like to stay in the back, you could go check if you need something from them," Daphne said.

"Yeah, I need to borrow Pansy's History of Magic notes, I fell asleep in class." I explained before

---

I walked into the library, and into the far back corner, I could spot Draco's bright blond hair in the dark library. 

As I got closer, I could see they were... kissing.

Pansy had her hand on Draco's cheek, her other hand on the table. Draco had his hands on her lower back. A gasp escaped my lips, the book slipping through my fingers, and landing with a loud bang, on the ground. Draco and Pansy pulled apart, looking confused before noticing me. Pansy's face fell, as Draco quickly let her go, standing up, his face riddled with guilt. 

"Riv-" Draco said,

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to intrude!" I yell before backing out of the section.

"River!" Pansy yelled behind me, I started running out the library and down to the Slytherin common room.

---

I locked myself in my private room, tears threating to escape. Mum got me. I ran my fingers through my hair, shocked, my breathing felt heavy. 

I knew they liked each other; I knew it.

There was a knock on my door making me jump, I ignored the door, feeling my tears starting to slip out before I could try to stop them.

Why am I crying? We're not even dating.

They knocked again,

"River, please! Open the door! Let me explain!" I heard Pansy's voice say, I sniffed, whipping the tears that fell with my sleeve. 

"Go away, Pansy, you have nothing to explain," I said, hating the way my voice sounded so shaky. 

"Yes, I do! It's not what it looks like! Please!" She yelled through the door. 

"I won't leave until you open this door,"

"Merlin's balls, it was so much easier when we shared a bedroom," She whispered, I couldn't help myself but smile and roll my eyes at her.

"Pansy, really it's not a big deal," I said,

"Open, now!" She yelled, I signed giving up, and going to open the door. She stood there with her arms cross her chest, leaning against the wall.