Chapter Fifty-Nine

Cassandra grabs a hoodie from her bed and pulls her arms through it as Damon steps into her bedroom, closing the door behind him. Cassandra turns and jumps a little finding him there.

"Seriously?" She asks him. "This jump scare thing is getting old" She zips up her hoodie.

"What was look before?" He asks her. She frowns and tilts her head a little.

"What look?" She asks him as she flicks her hair out the back of her hoodie. He gives her his own look and steps closer to her.

"The one you gave Elena when she told me to trust Stefan" He answers. "What do you know?"

"A lot of things" She teases and pokes his nose, he grabs her wrist and pulls her closer.

"Cas" He warns a little. "I thought we were friends" He points out.

"We are" She argues. "But she's my sister...."

"So they're up to something?" He asks her.

"I don't know" She answers. "They've not told me anything, it's just a feeling...." She shrugs and folds her arms over her chest. He hums and glances away, thoughtful.

..............

Later on, Damon and Jeremy are sitting in the family room playing a video game. From the kitchen, Cassandra watches them together as she goes through another box of her parents' things, she can also see Elena just outside the backdoor on the phone, no doubt to Stefan.

"You said you never played this thing before" Jeremy accuses Damon who smirks.

"I'm a fast learner. Quick reflexes" Jeremy's phone goes off. He pauses the game and takes out his phone, but ignores the call, he tosses his phone aside and unpauses the game. "Who are you dodging?"

"This girl Anna. She can be, uh, persistent" Jeremy answers.

"Is she hot?" Damon asks.

"Yeah, yeah, but she can be weird"

"Hot trumps weird, trust me" Damon assures him, Jeremy smiles and laughs. Back in the kitchen, Jenna moves to Cassandra's side and follows her line of sight.

"So" Jenna starts, Cassandra looks at her and Damon eavesdrops in on their conversation with his vampire hearing. "He is ridiculously hot!" Jenna adds.

"Shh!" Cassandra scolds her aunt who just chuckles. Damon smirks at Jenna's comment. Cassandra glances over at Damon. "He's an ass." She points out, teasingly. Damon smirks wider and then rolls his eyes. Cassandra continues going through things in a box while Jenna helps out.

"What are you doing with all this stuff?" Jenna asks.

"I thought there might be something about our birth parents" Cassandra answers.

"Have you told Jeremy?" Jenna asks her. Cassandra sighs.

"I wanted to" She admits. "Elena wants to wait. Till the time is right" She rolls her eyes mockingly, Jenna gives her a look. "And we all know, Elena always gets what she wants" Cassandra adds under her breath. Cassandra closes up the box when Elena walks back into the house, just in time for the doorbell to ring.

"That's Stefan" Elena points out. Damon quickly gets up from the couch and walks over to the door. Jeremy watches him go, agitated.

"Dude!" Jeremy scolds a little. Elena opens the front door, Damon right behind her. Stefan looks at Damon, confused as to why he's at the house, then to Elena, who shrugs and then nods towards Cassandra who leaves the kitchen to join them.

"Well?" Damon asks his brother.

...........

Cassandra, Stefan, Damon, and Elena walk out onto the front porch to talk away from Jenna and Jeremy. Stefan has explained that the journal has already been taken and that Alaric now no longer has it to give back.

"Who took it?" Damon snaps a little.

"I don't know," Stefan admits.

"You know what, it's that teacher. There's something really off about him" Damon comments. Cassandra rolls her eyes a little. Alaric is a little different, considering their last history teacher had been a great big bag of dicks, but not that weird.

"It's not him" She argues, Elena glances at her.

"She's right" Stefan agrees. "He doesn't know anything. Somebody got to it right before me."

"Who else knew it was there?" Damon asks Cassandra, she shakes her head, she doesn't know. Stefan's eyes flicker into the house to look at Jeremy. Damon follows his gaze and then turns to go into the house.

"Where do you think you're going?" Cassandra snaps slightly, pressing her hand to Damon's chest, her powers seeping out, he glances down at her hand and then to her face.

"Going to get him to tell me who he told" Damon answers.

"Let me do it," Cassandra tells Damon who stares at her, he then nods a little, stepping back from Cassandra, she lowers her hand and pulls back her powers. The two of them share a look before she opens the front door behind her.

..............

Cassandra walks back into the house, Damon, Elena, and Stefan trailing behind her as she approaches where Jeremy is still sat in front of the television.

"Jeremy" Cassandra states as she sits on the coffee table in front of him, she gives him a small smile, she takes his hand, her eyes and his begin to glow red as her mist seeps into his mind. Elena quickly casts a look at Jenna who is busying herself in the kitchen. "Jer, did you tell anyone other than Mr Saltzman about Johnathan Gilbert's journal?" She asks him.

"Why is everybody so obsessed with that thing?" Jeremy asks her.

"Who else did you tell?" Cassandra pushes as images flicker through her mind, faces. "Did you tell Anna?" she asks him, Jeremy looks at her surprised.

"How did you...?" Jeremy asks her.

"Did you tell her, Jeremy?"

"Yeah" Jeremy answers.

"Wait, who is Anna?" Stefan asks, Cassandra releases Jeremy's hand and pulls her mind back. Damon watches her a moment, curious.

"That's what I want to find out." Damon comments and motions to Cassandra. "Keep going," he tells her, she shoots him a look. Cassandra stands instead and moves away as Elena's phone starts ringing. Elena goes off to answer it, leaving Damon and Stefan to talk with Cassandra.

"I don't need to keep going" She argues and rubs her head. "I already have everything we need"

"Yeah, well we don't" Damon scolds. She sighs and turns to him.

"They met at the school library when he researching the Civil War," She tells him. "She's small, dark hair, dark eyes, kind of cute. Not a student. But she was at the decades dance. She's a vampire. And she wants him to meet her at the Grill tonight. And I'm pretty sure she is who I felt in whatshisname's mind...Does that about cover everything?" Damon smirks a little, impressed, he nods and she smiles at him.

"So she wants to meet at the Grill?" He asks moving to Jeremy who is kind of just staring.

"Oh, right" Cassandra mumbles and holds out her hand close to Jeremy's head pulling back her invasion. He blinks and glances at them.

"What's going on, guys?" He asks them.

"Damon was offering you a ride to the Grill" Cassandra states. "To meet Anna" Jeremy frowns at her.

"How did..."

"You told me" Cassandra is quick to point out, her eyes flashing red a moment before vanishing. Jeremy's eyes flash with hers.

"I told you" He agrees.

"Come on," Damon tells Jeremy who nods.

"O-Okay" Jeremy gets up from the couch and heads out of the house, Damon glances at Cassandra and gives a small wink as he passes her and follows Jeremy out of the house.