Character Index (Spoiler Warning)

*Note: Chinese names start with the family name followed by the given name. Conventions surrounding childhood names, adult names, and courtesy names were just too complicated to keep track of, so what you see is what you get...

In Order of Appearance:

Zhao Ling Xian 趙灵先 Seventh Prince of Tiansheng

His name means 'clever/bright' and 'first'.

Titles: Prince of Qin – Formal title that is rarely used.

Nicknames/Alternate: Iron Spear Prince, God of War, A'Xian, Xian'er

Age 26. Height 193 cm. (Men in Tiansheng are pretty tall, but the Zhao men are giants)

Appearance: In terms of looks, think of the Archduke Alexandro from the manhwa Beatrice, Aroku from the manga Demon of Lustful Hell, Prince Yu from the manhua I Don't Want to Be Like This Too, and the Demon Lord, Nan Jingxuan from the manhua Song of the Long Night. In short, A'Xian is really intense, and darkly handsome... with 100% 'light your house on fire' sex appeal. He has a thin knife scar under his left eye. His eyes are slightly slanted and are very dark, almost coal black. He has very thick eyelashes and mostly wears his hair in a high ponytail with a jewelled hair coronet. If he wears it down, it may be partially pulled back or completely unbound with only a single braid down one side. His favourite colour is navy blue or black and he wears a lot of that. He occasionally wears a single tassel earring.

Besides being a Prince, he is the commander of the Pacifying West(安西) or An Xi Army, but because he possesses the tiger tally, he is also considered a grand Marshal that can mobilise all three armies of the kingdom (North, West, South). His preferred weapon is a metal spear that he only takes out for battle. He normally wears and uses a sword.

Bai Zhi Yi, 白智一

His name means 'one wisdom' apparently his parents were a little weird with their naming as his name also sounds like 'one son'.

Title: An Xi General (Pacifying West General)

Nickname/Alternate: Lao Bai (literally 'Old White'). Bai Zhi. General Bai.

Age 48. Height: 187 cm.

Appearance: He has grey streaked hair and warm, friendly brown eyes. His build is a little burly.

He is the senior most general of the An Xi and a loyal subordinate of the Seventh Prince. He gets laughed at a little because his parents put Bai and Zhi together and that sounds like blank/stupid...but it's because his family were illiterate peasants, and he worked his way up to become a famous general. The common foot soldiers do (affectionately) call him Bai Zhi behind his back...

He eventually becomes Xiao Chuan's foster father.

Yang Wan Yu, 楊萬魚

Nicknames/Alternate: Xiao Yu/ 小魚, A'Yu, Yu'er

Her name means "many fish or abundance".

Age 15. Height: 167cm

Appearance: Dark haired and dark eyed with a heart shaped face, milk colour skin, and red lips. She often wears her hair tied up in two buns on either side of her head tied with ribbons. When she reaches the capital, she always wears her mother's pearl hair stick. She likes to wear the colour purple.

The only daughter of Yang Ming Xi, she is Cui Xi's best friend and younger foster sister. Her father calls her A'Yu. Like her father, she herself is a skilled medical practitioner and can actually use silver needles as a weapon. Xiao Yu is actually quite dangerous as she is trained in the 'Reverse pear blossom needle' technique that rips you apart from the inside.