Part II - Cosmetics Goddess: 28. Thin Red Line

Still pulling her along, the Seventh Prince's grip was like iron.

Avoiding the detection of my own hidden guards...so dangerous! If they don't get to me through her, they will harm her...I have to find out who it is by any means...

"Let go!" she said, trying to yank her arm out of his grasp, but he shoved her against a tree, pulled his dagger from his belt and held it to her throat. He pushed away the pang he felt as he took in her terrified reaction.

"Stop it!" she cried, eyes widening in fright. "Are you crazy?"

"Who is your Master? Who is he?" he demanded.

"You still think I'm a spy? I already told you I'm not! I just chose someone to teach me some stuff...like martial arts..." she mumbled. She wasn't about to explain that it had actually been the other way around...

"I want a name! How could you get mixed up with someone so dangerous even my own guards couldn't detect them coming and going out of your home?"

"It's none of your concern what arrangements I make! So, what if it's some Master from Jianghu*? They wouldn't harm their own disciple!"

"Don't be so foolish! What if they're only using you to get close to me?"

What if they hurt you? Who is it?

"Why do you think the world revolves around you??" she almost cried in her frustration.

"Why can't you just answer the question?"

This wasn't going the way he wanted. Why would she so stubbornly protect this Master of hers? It angered him, but he suddenly realized that he was probably more jealous than angry. Calm down A'Xian. Be gentler with her.

He decided to take a different tact.

"Just stop seeing him. If it's martial arts, I can teach you."

"You? I can't stand your face! Why would I ask you?" she snapped incredulously. What the hell?! What kind of ridiculous arrogance is this? I'm already bound to you with this loathsome contract? Why...?

He stared at her and something snapped inside.

"You cannot get a Master without my consent!" he bellowed, losing his temper again.

"That's not in the contract! Aside from the things in the contract, what does this have to do with you?" she yelled back.

"Everything. Who is he??" he demanded, gripping her harder.

"Stop! That hurts!" she yelped, jerking away.

"W-Wait!"