𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐞 𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐤

∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴

⋙⋘

∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴

⋙⋘

That right there is Callie.

JJ and I met her in the fifth grade. We became friends after she saw us sneaking out of school. She said she wouldn't tell the teacher if we let her come. We all knew she was bluffing, but we let her tag along anyway. We've practically been inseparable since. Callie likes to see herself as the voice of reason but half the time she's coming up with the ideas that almost get us arrested. She is the closest thing I have to a sister.

She lives not far from the Chateau with her family, so she's over here nearly every day which I don't mind; Cal makes for good company. She's one of those kinds of people that others just like. Although the Kooks aren't exactly her biggest fan - I think that's more to do with the fact that her dad lived on Figure Eight before meeting her mum.

They bought a house on the Cut and set up shop down at the docks. The Merricks own The Surf Shack where tourists go to rent boats and boards for the beach. Her parents used to take us all out on the water, letting us borrow boards until we had the money to buy our own.

Ironically enough for someone who rents out surfboards, Callie's not that great a surfer, but she's managed to convince JJ to help her out with that. I wasn't that surprised when I found out; Callie has this way with words. I think it's all the books she reads.

- John B talking about Callie as she sits on the Chateau dock reading with her feet in the water

∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴

⋙⋘

∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴∵∴

This was just John B's little intro for Callie. I really liked how they introduced the characters like this.

I'm pretty excited about this. I thought about writing a JJ fic when I first watched the first season but never got around to it. I recently rewatched the first season and then watched the second when it was released and was reminded of just how much I love all the characters. It also reawakened my JJ Maybank obsession, so, here we go.

(This gif was made by me)