𝟒𝟔|no exceptions

∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴

∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵

∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵

"Remember when life was simple?" JJ asked his two best friends as they sat waiting in the Twinkie for Kiara, Sarah and Flo to return from the store.

"Yeah, like, seven days ago," John B stated.

"No, not really," Callie answered with a sigh.

John B leaned forward, looking at them both, "I mean, guys, think about it. Ward's still out there, and he's got the gold."

JJ nodded, "I know. I know."

"And he killed my dad."

"John B, I know," JJ interrupted. "And we won't let that go. But I'm worried about you, man. It feels like either you or him. And you know who else I'm worried about? Sarah. I mean, bro, like, it's her dad. You see what I'm saying?"

The boy stared out the cracked windscreen, watching as Sarah Cameron emerged from the store. "She knows what he did."

"It's her dad, John B," Callie said softly, trying to get through to him that it wasn't that simple.

He instead, chose to change the topic. "Alright, so what's the deal with this Limbrey chick? Pope said she has evidence on tape that could put Ward away, right?"

"Mm-hmm," the blond nodded. "On the other hand, though, she did just try to kidnap Pope, and-"

"But think about it, all right? If we can get that evidence, it's done. We could put Ward away for good and finally get justice for my dad. This can all be over in one shot, guys."

Callie wanted to believe that it would be as easy as John B was making it out to be. Simply get the evidence, turn it in, get Ward put away for life and bam - their life was back to normal.

However, she knew from past experience that just when they thought they were about to get off scot-free, something would happen. This was unlikely to be an exception.

"John B," Callie sighed, making her doubt clear in just the way that she said his name.

He shook his head, "Cal, I get it. It's dangerous, but-"

"I'm not saying that we're not going to do it," she said, cutting him off. "I'm just saying that we need to go in with a half-decent plan."

"Good thing your best friend's JJ Maybank," JJ said, smirking at John B.

Callie leaned forward to look at John B, "Have you still not found a way to break it to him that he's the second favourite?"

"Alright," JJ muttered, pushing Callie back from between the seats. "Well, if you want to be the favourite, you should contribute. After all, I'm the one with a plan."