𝟎𝟒|keep it lowkey

∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴

∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵

∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵

After finding out that Scooter Grubbs of all people had been the owner of the Grady-White, the Pogues headed back to the Chateau. It didn't make sense. Scooter lived on the south side and half the time didn't have two pennies to rub together. So how had he managed to score such a premium boat?

John B, JJ, Callie and Kie all sat out on the couches on the veranda, all of them trying to think of an explanation. No matter how they looked at it, though, it had to be something bad. People like Larry, like any of the Pogues, never just got that lucky.

"Okay. So, um. . . we didn't see anything," Pope instructed them all as he joined them on the veranda, sitting down on the couch with Kie and Callie. "We don't know anything. We need to have total and complete amnesia."

JJ flicked his lighter shut, nodding, "Actually, Pope's right for once. See, I agree with you sometimes. Deny, deny, deny."

He got up from where he'd been sitting and went and stood by John B, turning to face the other three on the couch. Things had just become incredibly serious, especially when JJ was outwardly agreeing with Pope.

"Guys, we can't keep that money," Kiara told them.

JJ looked over at her, turning his lighter in his hand. "Okay. Not all of us can afford unlimited data plans, Kiara."

"I kinda have to agree with JJ here, Kie," Callie said, thinking about the damage that her family's store had taken on after the storm.

The girl shook her head in response, throwing her hands up, "We have to pass that off to Lana Grubbs. Otherwise, it's bad karma."

"Bad karma to be implicated in a felony, too," Pope tacked on. "We gotta go dark."

"Okay, they might have a point, too," Callie told JJ with a frown.

"Nah, if the plan means we get to keep the money, then I agree," JJ countered.

John B pated him on the shoulder, before walking over to stand by the couch, physically showing whose side he's on. "I don't agree."

"What? Why?" JJ asked, confused by his friend's small act of betrayal.

"Just think about it. This is Scooter Grubbs we're talking about, right? Same dude that's buying individual cigarettes at the porthole. Shit, one time I saw this dude begging for change in the Save-A-Lot parking lot because he needed gas," John B pointed out.
"We're talking about a dirtbag marina rat who's never had more than forty bucks in his pocket, and all of a sudden, he's got a Grady-White? Just sayin'."