𝟐𝟒|odd one out

∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴

∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵

∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵

Callie walked over towards the water finding Kiara sitting on the dock out the back. Once she reached her, Callie sat on the edge beside her. She wished she could put her feet in the water but they were too high up right at the end.

She didn't say anything as she did so, just being beside her friend for the time being. She didn't want to make her feel pressured into talking until she was ready. Plus, Callie had the tendency to sometimes get ahead of herself in serious conversations, so she didn't want to rush her.

Kiara had a sour look on her face as she looked out across the water. "I hate John B right now, so if that's who you want to talk about then we should just continue in silence."

"We don't have to talk about him," Callie shrugged.

"I'm only against it because I know how this ends. I've seen this movie. I starred in it," Kiara insisted. "I mean, you know. Freshman year, it was my first year at the Kook Academy. You know how intimidating that is? And one of these things is obviously not like the other. I mean, I didn't have anything in common with anyone, and just as I'm about to completely give up, the queen asks me if I wanna go save baby sea turtles."

"I remember you telling me. That sounds nice, Kie," Callie smiled.

"Our first day together, she introduced me to Florence."

"Topper's sister?"

Kiara nodded, "We all walked to the beach. We waited for the hatch, and we kept the seagulls off so that the turtles could get to the water. They were my best friends. It was the best day of my life.

"And then Sarah turned on me like she does with everyone. And Flo. . . she took Sarah's side and then her parents sent her off to boarding school and I had no one."

Callie shuffled over and put an arm around Kiara supportively, "I'm sorry, Kie."

"Look, I'm not doing this with her. He's going to have to choose."

Callie laughed, shaking her head as she removed her arm so that she could face her. "You know that he's not going to do that."

Kie's frown seemed to deepen as she shrugged. "Why not?

"Because he doesn't think he has to. Because he's a guy. Because he's an idiot," the girl responded, giving several suggestions. "Take your pick."

Callie's mind flickered to JJ momentarily and she wasn't sure whether she had been talking about him or John B. It was like how he was so back-and-forth about his reaction to her non-relationship with Rafe Cameron.

And then there was their conversation outside of her house where they had actually spoken about it and decided that it was no longer something worth arguing over. Callie was glad, not enjoying being at ends with him over something she considered to be in her past.