𝟐𝟕|liar, liar

∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴

∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵

∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵

"Hell of a job melting it down, Doctor Frankenstein," JJ said condescendingly as he looked at the lump of gold in his hand.

When they had all arrived at the Chateau they laid out their plan for getting the rest of the gold. As for the gold that John B had already retrieved, they knew they couldn't pawn it off with the wheat symbol branded into it. So, Kiara took a blowtorch to it, melting the bars together and ridding them of the wheat symbol.

While the symbol was gone, the blocks now just looked like a mess.

Kiara climbed out of the van with a scowl on her face, "Like you could've done better."

"I could have. I took a welding class," the boy claimed.

Callie scoffed at this, "You are so full of shit. When did you take a welding class?"

"Hey, hey, hey," John B said quickly when he saw JJ go to reply. "Chill out, okay?"

"That's easy for you to say. You're not the one that had to pawn this piece of shit off," JJ said as he held the lump of gold up. "How did I get this job anyway?"

"'Cause you're the best liar," Pope informed him blatantly.

A low whistle nearby caught the attention of the group, all of them turning to see Florence Thornton walking in their direction. "Where in the world did you get that? That can't be real."

"Are you following us, or something?" Kiara asked with a sour look on her face, not bothering to show that she disliked the girl.

Florence laughed at this, "I have better things to do with my time than follow you, Kie. I was shopping and saw John B's ugly van pull up - no offence."

"None taken?" John B mumbled slowly, not really understanding the attack on the Twinkie.

Kiara rolled her eyes, following JJ and Pope inside. Sarah walked over to her friend, chewing at her lower lip, "This might not be the best time, Flo. I-"

"Are you kidding?" the girl laughed. "This is clearly the best time. You really think that I'm going to walk away after seeing you lot with a lump of gold that big? Come on, Sarah, please? I've been gone so long, I need something interesting in my life right now."

"That's not really my decision, Flo," Sarah sighed.

"It'll be fine," Florence waved off. "Besides, this will give you more time to tell me about what happened between you and my asshole brother."

Before anyone could debate, Florence followed the teens into the pawn shop. Callie shot John B a look, only for the boy to shrug and walk inside. Rolling her eyes, she followed suit.