𝟓𝟑|accidents happen

∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴

∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵

∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵

"How many times did he get stung?" Sarah asked, all of them beginning to panic.

Everyone ran to catch the boy as he slumped down, struggling to breathe. "What are we going to do?" JJ asked.

"And what about the cross?" Kiara added.

John B looked over at the gigantic gold treasure. "JJ, Flo, try and hide it," he instructed.

The two looked at John B, then at each other and then back at John B. Flo ran over to it, "How the hell are we supposed to hide this thing?"

"We won't be long. We'll come back," Kiara told her as she and John B lifted Pope to his feet, leading him towards the door.

"I can't breathe," Pope spluttered out.

"I know."

"Guys," JJ called out after his friends as they all started to head out the door. "I don't know how we're supposed to hide this!"

"Figure it out!" Callie shouted back as she pulled the door open.

As they got closer to the car, John B called for the two to hurry up. JJ and Florence ran out, slamming the door shut behind them.

"Hey, we didn't hide it well enough," JJ stated as they ran over.

Sarah shook her head, opening the car door for Pope. "Don't worry about that."

"Pope, what do you need, buddy?"

"A shot," he choked out, hitting his arm. "A shot."

JJ nodded quickly, "I know where to go! Give me the keys!"

"They're in the ignition," Callie told him as she got into the passenger seat, watching Kiara get in the back with Pope.

"Right, I knew that."

When the car finally started Pope had his head hanging out the window, trying desperately to breathe. All of the Pogues had piled into the car, flooding over into the flatbed of the truck.

They drove directly to JJ's cousin Ricky's, the boy parking haphazardly on the front lawn. JJ and Callie jumped out of the truck, rushing to the man's door.

"Ricky, hey, I got a problem, bro!" JJ told him, pounding on the door. When he saw the look on Ricky's face, he frowned. "I know you're mad at me!"

Ricky kept the door shut as he shouted at his cousin, "Remember that time you and your girlfriend stole my ambulance?"

"Yeah. I know. I know. I know you're mad," he agreed. He then watched as the man shut the door, "No!"

"Hey!" Callie shouted as she pounded on the door continuously.