𝟏𝟕|under arrest

∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴

∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵

∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵ ∴ ∵

(gif made by me)

Callie and JJ met up the next morning just as agreed, the girl heading over to the Chateau after having something to eat. Callie had been half-expecting to be bombarded with questions about the movie night from her parents at breakfast until she remembered that they didn't have internet. They would find out eventually but until Finn or someone told them what happened, she didn't have to lie to them just yet.

Part of her wanted to tell them about the crazy Kooks and how they had had to fight them off. She knew that her parents would believe her if she told them that the Kooks had started it and that they might even go to the police. But Callie also knew how it would work after that.

Even if they told the truth, the Kooks had the police in their pockets, meaning the Pogues couldn't win.

She and JJ had apparently had the same idea time-wise, the two meeting almost halfway between the Merrick house and the Chateau. When they met up, Callie's mouth had fallen open at the sight of the boy.

"Jesus," she mumbled as she approached him.

The boy shook his head with a grin, "Nope, just me."

"Wow," she dragged, eyes wide. "That was shit. Even for you."

"Please. I'm hilarious," he countered as they walked side-by-side.

Callie rolled her eyes with a light sigh, before turning to him. "You feelin' okay, though?"

JJ touched a finger to the dried blood on his split lip with a small shrug, "This is nothing."

Knowing what he was talking about immediately, Callie didn't push the subject any further. His father wasn't a topic that JJ was always keen on discussing and she didn't want to start the day on a sour note.

So instead, she changed the subject. The two of them headed toward the docks, showing up at Heyward's where Pope was working a morning shift. The shop was busy enough, customers milling around the store. Kiara was already there when they arrived and was helping Mr Heyward out by manning the counter while he bagged some orders.

Callie and JJ went and stood by the counter, the four teens talking amongst themselves. The topic of conversation unsurprisingly drifted towards what had happened at the Summer Movie Series. Topper had just about killed Pope, who was taking the loss rather hard.

"Don't let it get in your head, bro. There was three of them and two of us. That's some typical Kook shit right there," JJ pointed out. He wasn't about to let his friend feel defeated by the Kooks and by Topper, of all people.

"Hell, yeah," Kiara nodded in agreement.

"What were you guys even thinking?" Callie asked as she leaned against the counter, elbows on the surface. "I mean, before Kie and I showed up and saved your asses, obviously."